Community Forum

Closed caption options on SA 8300HD with Xfiniity

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Closed caption options on SA 8300HD with Xfiniity

I am trying to find out where the options to change the CC setup (.i.e. colors, font, etc) on the SA 8300HD with Xfinity.  The old guide setup had these option, but now I only see 3 measly options (the ability to turn it on, change the language, and change the background). 

Are there more detailed options for CC setup? 

New Poster

Re: Closed caption options on SA 8300HD with Xfiniity

You're lucky to even have found that.  I called about my HDTV and was given 3 different ways to get CC (my TV has it).  The tech and I were on the phone for 40 minutes.  I still have no CC.

Then I wrote to the company about providing CC for infinity.  The reply I received a short time ago said that they are "working" on providing it.  You' think that in this day and age, CC would be essential in communications.  Sorry, I was no help, but glad I'm not alone.

Silver Problem Solver

If other things that were taken away with the "new guide" are any indication I would say that functionality is gone.  Wait for someone with more info on that box to chime in but since comcast is changing the software to what most of the country has and I don't have those features I would have to guess that they are gone.

New Poster

That is when I lost the options too. Now I'm stuck with fusha letters on a slight background that I had set as a joke. I have not called or used chat help because I am on a bulk service in Orlando and the service reps consistently have given me incorrect information.