Community Forum

Cinemax on demand

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
New Poster

Cinemax on demand

I have a subscription that includes Cinemax (I have the channel) but on-demand via both set-top box and online have recently stopped working. It worked a week or so ago...

Trying to watch Cinemax online I now get the error "This program is only available to XFINITY customers with a subscription to Cinemax On Demand. Want to subscribe to Cinemax now for 10 dollars/mo/12 mos?" - I already subscribe! Tried calling and chatting with a live agent and both just reset the set-top box remotely which is pointless as that doesn't help with on-demand or online but I gave up trying to explain to them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Official Employee

Re: Cinemax on demand

tcahill14 wrote:

I have a subscription that includes Cinemax (I have the channel) but on-demand via both set-top box and online have recently stopped working. It worked a week or so ago...

Trying to watch Cinemax online I now get the error "This program is only available to XFINITY customers with a subscription to Cinemax On Demand. Want to subscribe to Cinemax now for 10 dollars/mo/12 mos?" - I already subscribe! Tried calling and chatting with a live agent and both just reset the set-top box remotely which is pointless as that doesn't help with on-demand or online but I gave up trying to explain to them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact you shortly.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Regular Contributor

I am also having the same problem, tryhing to watch a movie online, but getting the orange key and have to subscribe message....even though I am subscribed to Cinemax (and everything else on the plan I am on)

Official Employee

DMilnerJax wrote:

I am also having the same problem, tryhing to watch a movie online, but getting the orange key and have to subscribe message....even though I am subscribed to Cinemax (and everything else on the plan I am on)

Is Cinemax On Demand working on your cable box through your TV?

Thanks,
Joe

Regular Contributor

ComcastJoe wrote:

DMilnerJax wrote:

Is Cinemax On Demand working on your cable box through your TV?

Thanks,
Joe

Yes, it is.  I did use the chat function, and although it took nearly 45 minutes (20 of which to establish that yes, I am a Cinemax subscriber)--the tech had me log out, then log back in to my comcast account (did that three times already today, the play button was available and the movie started. At about the same time, the tech chatted back an apology that Cinemax on Demand was not available for my account on the PC, and that I could only view HBO and Showtime on demand through my pc-Cinemax on Demand would only be available for me through my receiver.

I thanked her and went on watching the movie.