Community Forum

Choppy CSNBAYAREA suddenly

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Contributor

Choppy CSNBAYAREA suddenly

So with their announcement, the SF Giants and the Warriors now MOVED to 2 different channels in the SF Bay Area : 720 & 780. This move has created a choppy or jittery image. It is really bad. What is going on and WHEN will this be fixed? These are the only channels that are doing this.
Regular Contributor

Re: Choppy CSNBAYAREA suddenly

Wanted to give an update on this. Apparently, COMCAST is rolling out MPEG-4 for specific channels. They are doing this by "ZONE" - specific cities in specific Zip codes. At least this is according to the NBC Sports Tech guys. The version of the X1 Box we have (so I've been told) is not MPEG-4 enabled. (really?? It was installed 4 months ago).  Anyway, the Jerky/Stuttering picture remains on channels 720 & 780 for the Warriors & SF Giants games. I really don't want to go thru the hassle of swapping out my X1 box ... but might have to if the NBC guy is correct.  Smiley Sad

Official Employee

Cody21 wrote:

Wanted to give an update on this. Apparently, COMCAST is rolling out MPEG-4 for specific channels. They are doing this by "ZONE" - specific cities in specific Zip codes. At least this is according to the NBC Sports Tech guys. The version of the X1 Box we have (so I've been told) is not MPEG-4 enabled. (really?? It was installed 4 months ago).  Anyway, the Jerky/Stuttering picture remains on channels 720 & 780 for the Warriors & SF Giants games. I really don't want to go thru the hassle of swapping out my X1 box ... but might have to if the NBC guy is correct.  Smiley Sad

Partially true, MPEG4 channels changes are slowly rolling out everywhere. X1 boxes are MPEG4 compatible. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

COMCAST Fixed this issue - with my assistance on the phone for troubleshooting - yesterday afternoon. Thank you Stuart Kidd !!!

Something to do with specific hardware that CSN Channels 720 & 780 were migrated to that had bad software.

Go GIANTS & WARRIORS !!

New Poster

I am having the same issue! Very frustrating!
Regular Contributor

Fearney wrote:
I am having the same issue! Very frustrating!

I have personally not seen this problem since April when COMCAST rolled back the updates.  Not sure if anything changed in your area. If it is consistent, I would contact COMCAST  ... they seem to respond well to Twitter messages - just send to @ComcastCares  ...

New Poster

Just noticed this starting a few days ago during Sharks game. What needs to be done to fix. Games are unwatchable.
Silver Problem Solver

Did you see this?

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Choppy-CSNBAYAREA-suddenly/m-p/2890271/highlight/true#M127212

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Yep - noticed this as well watching the WARRIORS on Monday night - COMCAST 720.  Hopefully COMCAST is aware of this ... or NBC Sports.  It looks (too ME) that the "MPEG 4" issue suddently reappeared.  We'll see what TONIGHT's game looks like. (Go Warriors).

New Poster

Channel 723 NBC Sportsnet has been unwatchable for several weeks because of the choppy/glitchy/jittery picture. I just noticed the same issue for the first time on 720 CSN Bay Area during the first half of tonight's Warriors game, although it looks like it might be resolved as the second half is starting.