Community Forum

Chiller TV

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee
New Poster

Re: Stations

When visiting my Brother in Tennessee, he has the Chiller channel on AT&T. Had lots of paranormal programming. Can Comcast add this channel to it's lineup?

New Poster

Re: Chiller TV

I could not agree with you more firechikn.

Comcast a/k/a "Xnfinty" a/k/a NBC "whatever", what happened to Chiller?

Contributor

I think a lot of people (myself included at one time) confuse Comcast being owned by NBC Universal as Comcast owning all of NBC Universal's channels, thus making it easy for them to add them for free or for dirt cheap.  The fact is that Comcast may be owned by the same company that owns those channels, but those channels must legally negotiate a similar programming contract just like any other provider would have to.  NBC Universal cannot legally say they'll just give the channels to Comcast because the carriage rates have to be a minimal percentage comparable to one another, or discrimination lawsuits will abound.

Regular Contributor

That is ridiculous...

New Poster

Chiller TV

How can it be that Chiller which is an NBC Universal station.... which means it is owned by Comcast is NOT on comcast?????