Community Forum

Channels vs. Prices?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Channels vs. Prices?

Ok, so I just discovered and confirmed that Comcast no longer carries certain channels due to not renewing the contract! Two of the removed channels, I watched weekly! Now that Comcast decided not to renew for those channels, how does that reflect in our billing? For those of us that had those channels included in our current packages, what's replaced for what's removed? Why has our package amount not changed? I am EXTREMELY frustrated!!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Channels vs. Prices?

Because Comcast and any other cable provider reserves the right to change your channel lineup at any time.

Plus...think about how much 2 channels out of however many others you have would even get you in reimbursement. Want that couple pennies?
Regular Visitor

Your response is humorous!! Sounds like you work for them "or any other cable provider"!! I still feel the same thing as I did before....even after your response! Even if it was just ONE CHANNEL removed, the customers bill should reflect it! They get enough already, in MY OPINION, from other bogus taxes/fees we're charged! So YES, I want those pennies, if it's due to me! I'm a teacher, so I need ALL MY PENNIES! Thanks for trying to give an explanation thoughSmiley Happy
Frequent Visitor

🤷‍♀️
Official Employee

Hello, Sheryl1020!

I definitely understand how frustrating it can be to lose some of your favorite channels. As bfree0890 had mentioned, we do reserve the right to periodically change our lineup from time to time based on our contracts and agreements with various networks. This information can be found in your Subscriber Agreement. We are always working with networks to provide our customers with the content they want, so we may carry those channels again in the future. I appreciate your feedback on the matter and if there are any further questions or concerns you have, please feel free to send me a Private Message so I can help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!