Community Forum

Channel 428 has switched from Fox news to Movies

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Re: Channel 428 has switched from Fox news to Movies

Thank you!  I just checked the TV and 428 is back to Fox News.  I didn't check any of the other channels so hopefully all will be good - at least by tomorrow evening.

Thanks again

Official Employee

Hello dixiebelle31, I show that channel #428 is still Fox News but there is an issue with the channel lineup in your area that we are currently working on. This problem is expected to be resolved by tomorrow at 8:50 PM, please reach back out to me here if you need anything further. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

Hi there,

Yes I checked on my desktop and the channel works fine on here.  It isn't just us, though, several friends around Brunswick are having the same problem.

Expert

wrote:

Hello, earlier this evening (Feb. 4) around 5ish we were watching channel 428 Fox News.  A commercial came on late in the show and froze.  When the commercial unfroze channel 428 was no longer Fox News but a movie channel.  The box has been reset and nothing has fixed this.  We called for tech support and the representative had no clue as to what we were trying to tell her or how to even begin to help.

Suggestions?

Do you have more than one set top box? did you try looking at the channel listing on a smart device or a desk/laptop? the Xfinity My Account app has a full channel subscription listing for your account under the TV tab. What shows for channel 428 there?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

Channel 428 has switched from Fox news to Movies

Hello, earlier this evening (Feb. 4) around 5ish we were watching channel 428 Fox News.  A commercial came on late in the show and froze.  When the commercial unfroze channel 428 was no longer Fox News but a movie channel.  The box has been reset and nothing has fixed this.  We called for tech support and the representative had no clue as to what we were trying to tell her or how to even begin to help.

Suggestions?