Community Forum

Channel 289 getTV dropped

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Channel 289 getTV dropped

What does the message on channel 289 getTV mean that reads  "The programming previously viewed on this channel is no longer available from the station." Has getTV it been moved or permanently deleted?

Valued Contributor

Re: Channel 289 getTV dropped

@barbpc1946 wrote:
What does the message on channel 289 getTV mean that reads  "The programming previously viewed on this channel is no longer available from the station." Has getTV it been moved or permanently deleted?

You would have to ask the local station that carried the programming on a subchannel.

Contributor

WHAT?????????????  I carry this channel on my Xfinity lineup. I should not have to ask anyone else what happened. Xfinity should be able to provide the answer.

Valued Contributor

@barbpc1946 wrote:

WHAT?????????????  I carry this channel on my Xfinity lineup. I should not have to ask anyone else what happened. Xfinity should be able to provide the answer.

You have already told us that Xfinity provided you the answer: "The programming previously viewed on this channel is no longer available from the station." GetTV is NOT a cable channel. It is a subchannel that WAS provided by a local channel (station) in your area. That channel (station) apparently no longer carries GetTV on its subchannel. That local channel made that decision.

Silver Problem Solver

GetTV is a broadcast network carried by a local TV station. Comcast just passes on what is broadcast. If the station drops the network, then there is nothing Comcast can do.