Community Forum

Changed X1 digital set top box for X1 DVR and now I get RDK-03003

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Changed X1 digital set top box for X1 DVR and now I get RDK-03003

Hello,

This past Friday a Comcast tech did a visit and got my X1 working great...good signal and also speeded up my Internet speed.

Today, I exchanged the set top box for a DVR box...hooked it up and get error RDK-03003. After chatting with comcast online and doing the usual cable disconnect and reconnect and power cycling..no resolution.

Could the new box be bad.....(the tech was here 3 days ago and everything was fine) or could there be another issue?

Thanks in advance for any help

Expert

Re: Changed X1 digital set top box for X1 DVR and now I get RDK-03003

mako wrote:

Hello,

This past Friday a Comcast tech did a visit and got my X1 working great...good signal and also speeded up my Internet speed.

Today, I exchanged the set top box for a DVR box...hooked it up and get error RDK-03003. After chatting with comcast online and doing the usual cable disconnect and reconnect and power cycling..no resolution.

Could the new box be bad.....(the tech was here 3 days ago and everything was fine) or could there be another issue?

Thanks in advance for any help

03003 is poor signal as seen by the set top box and means the set top box can not reach the command and control Comcast servers. Do you have another working set top box location so you can move the DVR and see if the problem moves with the box or stays at the outlet?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I have no other box or outlet. My run goes directly from where the cable enters the house to a splitter for my modem and set top box.

When the tech left on Friday, my X1 box was working great.

Official Employee

Take the cable off the wall plate and the dvr, re-seat on both again and reset the dvr. It could be the dvr.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Andrew,

I tried all that////problem persists.  Maybe the best thing is to exchange the dvr at local store?

Gold Problem Solver

XRE-03003 means that particular X1 box has a horrible/unusable connection to the Comcast network.

Are you sure you have the coax cable connected to the cable input not the cable output?

The box could be bad but that is rare. A connection problem is much more likely. However if the box is bad, a Comcast tech would replace the box at no charge and could test your signal levels at the same time.

mako wrote:

Andrew,

I tried all that////problem persists.  Maybe the best thing is to exchange the dvr at local store?

Frequent Visitor

Coax is connected to cable in.....earliest tech visit is this Thursay......will update then.

Frequent Visitor

No wiring problems//////Box was bad