Community Forum

Cant tune in Oxygen Channel and NBC wont tune in

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Cant tune in Oxygen Channel and NBC wont tune in

WhAt is going on with Comcast cable  Last week the Oxygen Channel just sat there an spun around trying to tune in.  I reset the box,, that wasnt the problem.  Two days later the channel tuned in. No it;s been out again for two days. Tonight when I attempted to tune in NBC channel programs not available and kicks me back to the previous channel.  

What is going on with this service.

Official Employee

Re: Cant tune in Oxygen Channel and NBC wont tune in

@CaribbeanHobo wrote:

WhAt is going on with Comcast cable  Last week the Oxygen Channel just sat there an spun around trying to tune in.  I reset the box,, that wasnt the problem.  Two days later the channel tuned in. No it;s been out again for two days. Tonight when I attempted to tune in NBC channel programs not available and kicks me back to the previous channel.  

What is going on with this service.

You may need a tech out to troubleshoot further. Your DVR's signal levels are barely in spec and this could also affect certain channels from coming in. Unrelated to X1, your modem is also almost out of spec.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

new modem new dvr   about 2 months old.     Weird because I could actually DVR both channels that would not tune in. I Think this is a comcast problem . The NBC program said program unavialable. Thats not the box putting up that message. 

Official Employee

@CaribbeanHobo wrote:

new modem new dvr   about 2 months old.     Weird because I could actually DVR both channels that would not tune in. I Think this is a comcast problem . The NBC program said program unavialable. Thats not the box putting up that message. 

You have the cloud dvr, if you can't tune in to a channel and record, it still gets recorded through the cloud. It has nothing to do with the age of equipment but the signal getting to the channels that you're trying to watch. May also be affecting channels that you don't watch. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Called customer service. Did a system refresh and they shot signals to the line and found no problems.   They say everyhting okay with modem and box so they didn't understand your comment that they were out of spec. 

This may be a problem with comcast only or this channle.  So I'll let it ride and if other channels start falling off  like NBC did last night as well. , my building is now wired for fibre optic  phones, internet and tv now so thats my go to  option.

Thanks

Official Employee

They can’t check individual channels, just the equipment itself. As noted above, signal levels were barely in spec but still considered passing. Hopefully, you’re getting all the channels that you pay for.

Regular Visitor

may be a line problem outside of the building, I declined having a tech come out here and then getting stuck with a $60 bill     I also noticed that the setting for set channel to HD channel  automatically on cable box has been removed   They said this was done recently so that may be part of problem and their software updated.   I am going to check with other neighbors to see if they are hav ing this problem.  We had rain storm here last night, so possibly some line problem somewhere

I also ran speed tests on internet  108.28 download  10.85 upload

thanks

Official Employee

Auto tune to HD was renamed to “Prefer Best Available Resolution”

Regular Visitor

Thanks I was looking at that just a bit ago.  But you may have aided me in identifying the problem

Oxygen Channel is 123  HD is 524    I turned off the option for best resolution and 123 now works for oxygen Channel.   The HD Chennel 524 just spins and spins.  Never tunes in   I havent had this problem with any other channel  so it may indeed be a problem on Comcasts end   

I hope someone at CC looks into this and corrects it if it is their problem

Thanks

Official Employee

Oxygen HD and SD are coming in on different frequencies (that’s why one works and one doesn’t) unfortunately whatever is causing the HD version to not come in isn’t going to fix itself.

Regular Visitor

I think it's a comcast problem as neighbors in next building having same problem  We the consumer seem powerless to resolve the issue.

Thanks

Regular Visitor

LOL  At 422PM amazingly the HD channel returned and is playing    Lets see how long it works this time