Community Forum

Cannot set up additional X1 set top box

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Cannot set up additional X1 set top box

I have just received my new X1 recievers (2) and set the main box up no problem.  However, I cannot get the second box to work.  It warms up and I get to the language slection screen but then I cannot get past that.  I have tried both remotes without success.  When I hit OK, I get error code RDK-10001.  I have unplugged and reconnected power and cable multiple times without success.

I have also tried hooking the main box up to this TV and it works just fine.  So, I am thinking it is in the 2nd box.  Please advise

Official Employee

Re: Cannot set up additional X1 set top box

shannonhuth wrote:

I have just received my new X1 recievers (2) and set the main box up no problem.  However, I cannot get the second box to work.  It warms up and I get to the language slection screen but then I cannot get past that.  I have tried both remotes without success.  When I hit OK, I get error code RDK-10001.  I have unplugged and reconnected power and cable multiple times without success.

I have also tried hooking the main box up to this TV and it works just fine.  So, I am thinking it is in the 2nd box.  Please advise

Can you give a description on how the cable is ran in the house. Splitters, amps etc., what worked for your previous equipment may not work for the X1 platform.The Xid (second box) needs to be able to talk to the dvr and isn't able to.

Edit-Presently your dvr is out of spec, your modem's out of spec and unrelated to X1 your modem is considered end of lease and should be upgraded.

New Poster

There are all sorts of cables running into and underneath the house.  I have not really tracked where they go.  I don't think that there are any amps.  But could it be a bad splitter between the Xid TV and the platform?

What's funny is that I can get the Xid box to come up to the menu asking the language but it won't respond to the remote.

Official Employee

Try resetting the remote
Press setup (LED will go from red to green) and enter 987
New Poster

We're all good.  I found it.  I had a cable coming the house that had mutliple splitters and they looked old.  I just went down to the one splitter (newest looking) and it is good.

What did you say about needing a new modem?

Official Employee

shannonhuth wrote:

We're all good.  I found it.  I had a cable coming the house that had mutliple splitters and they looked old.  I just went down to the one splitter (newest looking) and it is good.

What did you say about needing a new modem?

Everything looks better now.

The modem is considered end of life, meaning there won't be further firmware updates, and should be replaced with an upgraded model.

Expert

My opinion only: If I had to replace a modem 'now' I would probably start renting one from Comcast until the DOCSIS 3.1 modems are available as a commodity-priced device. Since the 3.1 versions are backward compatible to the current DOCSIS version 3.0. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.