Community Forum

Cancelled recordings still show in scheduled recordings list

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Contributor

Re: Cancelled recordings still show in scheduled recordings list

Vmscrafter wrote:

Yeah, i figured that, but they don't need to be out there for the next 2-3 weeks. If i cancel it, it should go away - that only makes sense to me. Why on earth would i want to see shows I've cancelled?

Yeah, my wife added what she thought was a single episode coming up that wasn't being recorded in her series.  The problem is the title of the episode was slightly different, so it was being interpreted as a new series.  Instead, she got a whole series of episodes she didn't want.

Concerned she would be deleting the original series from future recordings, she deleted the episodes individually.  There were *many* of these episodes, like the DVR was trying to record old episodes from previous years.  Despite deleting all of these that constitute a different series, they still show up in the scheduled list as "Cancelled recording".

This series is not in the series priority list, so there is nothing to be deleted there.  If we attempt to try and add the series back in with the intention of then deleting the series, that doesn't work.  As soon as a "Cancelled recording" entry is in the future scheduled list, it cannot be undone other than to add it back into the schedule (as far as we can tell).

I can understand why the entries remain there if the series is a regularly scheduled one, as they serve as overrides.  But you would think if a series is not in the series priority list, any cancelled recording(s) should be removed from the future scheduled list.

New Poster

Yeah, i figured that, but they don't need to be out there for the next 2-3 weeks. If i cancel it, it should go away - that only makes sense to me. Why on earth would i want to see shows I've cancelled?

Gold Problem Solver

Vmscrafter wrote:

does anyone know why? If I cancel a recording that means I don't want to see it in my list anymore. How do I get rid of them? It makes no sense that it still leaves it out there. 

They will drop off the listing once the time/date has passed for the cancelled asset recording. 

New Poster

Cancelled recordings still show in scheduled recordings list

does anyone know why? If I cancel a recording that means I don't want to see it in my list anymore. How do I get rid of them? It makes no sense that it still leaves it out there.