Community Forum

Can't watch my DVR shows on my computer/laptop

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Can't watch my DVR shows on my computer/laptop

That's fine, Dish has this function for those interested, once they lose enough of us they (Comcast) will figure it out and make it available also, geez!!! But they somehow can manage to remotely determine what everyone is watching on their DVR's for ratings purposes (or maybe they are allowing the Nielson folks access internally to our private viewing habits without our permission, but that's another topic for another day)

Problem Solver

Re: Can't watch my DVR shows on my computer/laptop

Hello popej6,

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. Are you getting an error message when you try to watch your DVR recordings on your computer? You should be able to view your recordings on your computer after you complete the following steps:

1. Go to the DVR Manager activation page at http://xfinitytv.com/mytv/dvr.
    Note: The activation only needs to be completed once per computer. This activation link must be used for each new computer that you want to schedule recordings through TV Listings.
  2. Enter your Comcast user name and password (if you have not done so already).
  3. A notification will display indicating if the activation is in progress or if an error has occurred.
  4. Activation takes up to 24-48 hours before recordings may be scheduled or before you can view and manage scheduled recordings.
  5. You will be directed to TV Listings while the activation is in progress.
  6. You will not be notified once you are activated so please check back until your activation has been completed.
  7. Go to XFINITY TV Go.  Note:  After the initial activation is complete, you can begin with this step.
  8. Go to your DVR page at xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr to view your scheduled recordings.
  9. The XFINITY TV page will display and you will see the DVR Manager link.  If the activation is complete and you have not logged in, you will be prompted to log in here with your XFINITY username.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

New Poster

I no longer seem to be able to access games (A's, Warriors) from my home DVR remotely on my computer. I used to be able to do this, but now get a message saying I can only watch these DVR'd games "at home." Why are we being subject to this limitation? I strongly feel I should be able to see these games given the monthly amount that Comcast costs. 

Official Employee

oski1 wrote:

I no longer seem to be able to access games (A's, Warriors) from my home DVR remotely on my computer. I used to be able to do this, but now get a message saying I can only watch these DVR'd games "at home." Why are we being subject to this limitation? I strongly feel I should be able to see these games given the monthly amount that Comcast costs. 

While a program is currently recording, you can only view it while connected to your home network. Once it is completed recording, you can watch it anywhere in the USA.  This is due to rights restrictions from programmers.

If you want to watch Live TV while away from home, please look for versions of the channels that are labeled "TV Go" (or turn on the "Available out of home" filter in the Live TV section of the app).

-ComcastDan