Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Can't stream anything on Firefox or Chrome

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Can't stream anything on Firefox or Chrome

I have been battling this for over a week and have tried at least 10 different fixes, including resetting browsers, clearing cache, disabling Ublok, trying to use a different browser (my preferred is Firefox), re-installing Flash, re-starting the DNS client, removing proxy server in 3 different ways, etc. 

I have fast wifi and regularly stream videos from Netlfix and Amazon Prime with no problems.  This is the only site I can't stream from, even though a month ago it was problem-free.  I use Windows 10, load Xfinity, choose any program and  it starts to load, delays, and this is the error message I get:

(Error 102100.33: Loading of the specified resource has failed)

Can anyone please help?  I'm beyond tired of this problem.  I wish Xfinity would quit using Flash.

Problem Solver

Re: Can't stream anything on Firefox or Chrome

I hear you. Even Adobe is dropping support for Flash.

Until a few weeks ago, I used to be able to watch Xfinity Stream on Chrome, but Google apparently dropped Flash support. 

Nowadays, I can only use Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 to watch. It's the only browser I have left that has sandboxed Flash.

"Sometimes the best way to learn something is by doing it wrong and looking at what you did." - Neil Gaiman
Bronze Problem Solver

chichidevi wrote:

I have been battling this for over a week and have tried at least 10 different fixes, including resetting browsers, clearing cache, disabling Ublok, trying to use a different browser (my preferred is Firefox), re-installing Flash, re-starting the DNS client, removing proxy server in 3 different ways, etc. 

I have fast wifi and regularly stream videos from Netlfix and Amazon Prime with no problems.  This is the only site I can't stream from, even though a month ago it was problem-free.  I use Windows 10, load Xfinity, choose any program and  it starts to load, delays, and this is the error message I get:

(Error 102100.33: Loading of the specified resource has failed)

Can anyone please help?  I'm beyond tired of this problem.  I wish Xfinity would quit using Flash.

Your problem is an individual problem, I can use chrome and firefox to stream. I believe the error message you are getting means you have reached your limit of devices on comcast, not sure though. The only way to clear this is to have a comcast rep delete your devices. You can not even see them on the "manage my devices" page of the stream site. As far as flash goes, comcast requires flash because it a requirement of the DRM component (also from adobe). When comcast finds a suitable replacement of the current DRM, flash should no longer be required.

New Poster

Thanks, I will look into your suggestion.  I only login with 1 device though, my laptop, but it has asked me to "name" my device several times -- for example, when I have cleared the cache.  I always rename it the same name, but perhaps it's registering the same laptop as separate devices? 

I never have this isssue with other streaming services, so I still think Xfinity's current system is really impractical if this in, in fact, the issue.   Clearing my browser histroy or cache shouldn't affect using this service when I sign in again with my account credentials; this is a major flaw for users to say the least.

New Poster

Thanks for your input!  I will try to find fixes for Firefox or Chrome before resorting to using yet another browser, but it's good to know Microsoft Edge is working just in case.  Sigh...

New Poster

You are not alone! I have been experiencing the same issue for months. I gave up on attempting firefox and chrome and just use Internet Explorer. Honestly, Xfinity is the only reason why I still have Internet Explorer. All my other platforms (like Netflix and Amazon) work just fine on chrome and firefox.
The last few days, I've actually been having some playback issues with Xfinity on I.E. so fingers crossed it doesn't stop working too.

New Poster

I used Firefox to watch xfinity video streaming in Window 10 OS.  I started to have problem to watch the xfinity video on demand on my laptop this week.  As you know the Comcast customer support is useless. 

It took me 5 hours to do trial and errors to fix it. Here is what I did to fix the problem:

1) refreshed Firefox
2) turned off my (Panda) virus protection

3) reinstall a new Microsoft Silverlight program (uninstall the old one and reinstall a new Silverlight)

3) install the Adobe Shockwave problem (not sure what it does)

4) download the and install the latest Adobe Flash Player. 

Now I can go back to watch my video on my laptop.

LL