Community Forum

Can't see all my recordings on DVR TV APP

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Can't see all my recordings on DVR TV APP

some but not all my recordings display on my recordings list...need help with cloud I think...

Expert

Re: Can't see all my recordings on dvr

Cao99 wrote:

some but not all my recordings display on my recordings list...need help with cloud I think...

if you see any recorded assets on your DVR you see all that are available (look in the deleted folder at the bottom for more).

Cloud DVR may have more recordings if the DVR for some reason doesn't record. deleting an asset on either will erase the asset on the other device (normally). 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

Hi but all the recordings are showing in my dvr manager. I've read other bulletins showing a reset of some sort to cloud resolved...can you help?

Silver Problem Solver

I assume you have tried rebooting the DVR?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Visitor

Re: Can't see all my recordings on tv App

Dvr is fine, displays all recordings, tv app does not...ideas?

Expert

Re: Can't see all my recordings on tv App

Cao99 wrote:

Dvr is fine, displays all recordings, tv app does not...ideas?

the TV app will only show the recordings available on the cloud DVR (not your local ones). the DVR manager on the web is showing your physical DVR storage as does the xfinity TV Remote app.

the cloud DVR will only have recordings beginning after you activate the service. Nothing is sent 'from' your DVR to the cloud.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Re: Can't see all my recordings on DVR TV APP

You're not crazy.  I've had this happening for months  I can see 25+ shows recorded on my home DVR, but the app will only show me the most recent 12 or so.  I tried deleting a few to see if additional shows would "roll up" but that doesn't help.  This is a real problem when I want to watch something from a week ago - that is available on my local DVR when I'm at home. I have got no idea why the app is truncating the list.

also, the "used space" doesn't show the same % as the local DVR.  It looks like I'm 99% full, when I know I'm not