Community Forum

Can't play stream....says I've reached my max of 3?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Can't play stream....says I've reached my max of 3?

When trying to play Major Crimes just now I got a message from Xfinity saying I could not play the show because I had reached my limit of 3 streams per household and must stop one of the streams.  Well, I am the ONLY person in the house and I'm certainly not streaming anything else on here....not even one other program.  I've had no problem playing these programs up to today and need to see if there are issues with Xfinity that are being worked on.  Is there a solution?

Thanks

Paula

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Can't play stream....says I've reached my max of 3?

Same thing happened to me just now, with a different movie. Never had this problem before.  I went ahead and deregistered one.  I've been trying to get back to the list of registered devices so I can tell which is which, but can't get back to the page.  Rather frustrating.  I'm not impressed Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

I tried it again shortly after sending the above post and it worked immediately.  Go figure.  They must be having glitches on their end.  I knew nothing else was being played on my end.

Paula

Official Employee

Anon689317 wrote:

I tried it again shortly after sending the above post and it worked immediately.  Go figure.  They must be having glitches on their end.  I knew nothing else was being played on my end.

Paula

Glad to hear it is now working for you.

jlarson, are you still having this issue?

It looks like this issue occurred for a short time and is now resolved. We are further looking into this and will pinpoint why this happened and try to prevent it in the future.

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

same problem, says I have max of 3 vid streams, but I only have one.  What to do?

New Poster

Just started working again, thanks anyway.

New Poster

I've also been having this problem recently. Sometimes old copies of the seris The Wire will load, and sometimes I get the error message. A couple of times the show quit in the middle and I had trouble getting it to restart. I have run into this using Safari and Chrome.