Community Forum

Can't log out of old acct on iPad app

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Can't log out of old acct on iPad app

When I moved I had to create a new username for my account, but the iPad app won't let me change my login info (and thus doesn't recognize my new subscription). I've deleted and redownloaded the TV Go app at least 20 times. The "manage download devices" option is greyed out and I have no idea what else I can do to erase this login info that is obviously saved somewhere in my iPad's brains. Any suggestions welcome!

Regular Contributor

Re: Can't log out of old acct on iPad app

Did you try logging out of the application within settings?  It's at the bottom of the screen in settings.  If you've deleted the app and reinstalled it, it should prompt you to login again as well.

As for managing devices, try logging in with the primary Comcast ID/username to manage devices.

If you need help finding your ID, try this link:https://login.comcast.net/myaccount/lookup

New Poster

Holy Petes! All that time I guess I had never tried scrolling down the settings pane. Doh! Problem solved, thx!

New Poster

Was having this same problem, thanks so much for the reply. I know you can't answer on behalf of the app devs but any idea why the "sign out" function is hidden like that? If I hadn't read this I'd have no idea that settings menu was scrollable. I spent way too much time uninstalling, reinstalling, resetting my device settings etc. when it was such a simple solution lol.
New Poster

I have the very same problem, however,there is no such option when I go to Settings & TV Xfinity to log out. Any more suggestions?
New Poster

It is at the very, very bottom.  Yes, it is scrollable and yes I found myself doing the same as the others, uninstalling, reinstalling, removing the old entry from Apple's Keychain and nothing.

All along it was there hidden in settings at the bottom.  When you find it you'll feel silly, but it'll be replaced by immediate relief!