Community Forum

Can't get the time zones right.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Can't get the time zones right.

Why is it that in order to get the correct TV Listings I have to correct my zip code and Time Zone EVERY DAY!  And today, it won't give me the correct Time Zone.  For your information, Arizona does not go on Daylight Savings Time and has not for only the past 40 YEARS!!!  Therefore, we are in the Pacific Time Zone during the daylight savings time period.  You certainly can find us when it is bill time and you have accepted our payments for your hideously overpriced services for the last 14 years, why can't you get the zip code and Time Zone correct?  Satellite service is looking better and better!

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Can't get the time zones right.

PissedinAZ wrote:

Why is it that in order to get the correct TV Listings I have to correct my zip code and Time Zone EVERY DAY!  And today, it won't give me the correct Time Zone.  For your information, Arizona does not go on Daylight Savings Time and has not for only the past 40 YEARS!!!  Therefore, we are in the Pacific Time Zone during the daylight savings time period.  You certainly can find us when it is bill time and you have accepted our payments for your hideously overpriced services for the last 14 years, why can't you get the zip code and Time Zone correct?  Satellite service is looking better and better!

We have recently added a option for this. Please check out this thread and option number 4:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/7-17-12-New-TV-Listings-Updates/td-p/1348513

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

That does not work either!  Here I am, different day same problem as everyday - I live in TUCSON, ARIZONA WHICH IS CURRENTLY ON PACIFIC TIME - NOT PHILADELPHIA.  CUSTOMIZING DOES NOTHING BUT MOVE THE TIME ZONE 1 HOUR - THANKS TO COMCAST PROGRAMMERS, I NEED A 2 HOUR DIFFERENCE.  YOUR TV LISTINGS ARE USELESS!!

Official Employee

StillPissed wrote:

That does not work either!  Here I am, different day same problem as everyday - I live in TUCSON, ARIZONA WHICH IS CURRENTLY ON PACIFIC TIME - NOT PHILADELPHIA.  CUSTOMIZING DOES NOTHING BUT MOVE THE TIME ZONE 1 HOUR - THANKS TO COMCAST PROGRAMMERS, I NEED A 2 HOUR DIFFERENCE.  YOUR TV LISTINGS ARE USELESS!!

If it keeps resetting to Philadelphia, please make sure that your browser is not set to where cookies, cache, and history are deleting upon exiting.

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

Why does my DVR Manager scheduled times show as east coast times?  My TV listing is even set as pacific (correct) right now.

My iOS apps all display the correct time zone (pacific).

Please advise, thanks!

Official Employee

consumedsoul wrote:

Why does my DVR Manager scheduled times show as east coast times?  My TV listing is even set as pacific (correct) right now.

My iOS apps all display the correct time zone (pacific).

Please advise, thanks!

And the times on your TV Listings are correct?

What is your zip code and service area?

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

Yep - the TV listing times are correctly showing pacific time.

98004, service area is King County, Bellevue, WA?

Official Employee

consumedsoul wrote:

Yep - the TV listing times are correctly showing pacific time.

98004, service area is King County, Bellevue, WA?

Look at channel 5 today (1/10/13) at 11 PM and it will show that 30 Rock, 1600 Penn, and The Office are on 11PM-12:30 AM. Is that correct?

Thanks,
Joe

Contributor

I have the same problem, DVR Manager scheduled times show as east coast times. The DVR records the correct time, Pacific time.