Community Forum

Can Xfinity TV app control a RNG110 box?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Can Xfinity TV app control a RNG110 box?

I downloaded the app, logged in successfully, but it states that I dont have an eligible cable box (RNG110).  What's puzzling is that a separate Comcast webpage includes the PACE RNG110 in the list of boxes compatible with the App's remote control feature.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Can Xfinity TV app control a RNG110 box?

The RNG110 is compatible and works with the online features.  Before you test it on a mobile device, make sure everything's working from the web on a pc.

Does the box show up in your online profile?  Go to profile setup and make sure both boxes are showing up.  If not, power cycle the box that is missing and attempt to check it in 30 minutes or so.  Otherwise contact Comcast support as it might be a code issue on your account.

boxes.JPG

New Poster

Thanks for your suggestion Jay...tried it and it didnt work - and after going through three people at 1-800-comcast they shifted me to an expert who tells me that the PACE RNG110 box is not compatible with the Xfinity TV app - despite the fact that several Comcast websites say it is.

Diamond Problem Solver

As not all Comcast systems are the same, here outside Chicago the web based Xfinity works great on a RNG110.  I don't have any mobile devices to try it, but on the laptop changing channels on the web to the RNG110 is not a problem.  I have the RNG110 and a Moto DVR, and they both show up and respond to commands from the web site.

RNG110's are big around here.

That's why it's hard to give a blanket statement as not everything is the same in Comcast-Land.

New Poster

As I look at the site for the app and the manual download site, there are 2 different models.  One with rf/coax connectors and one digital only model.  The digital only model is the only one listed on the supported boxes site.  The older rf model doesn't seem to be.  I have this model also and am experiencing same problem with app or web site control.  Didn't have this problem with old Motorola box.  Wish this helped.

Official Employee

ChemGeek wrote:

Thanks for your suggestion Jay...tried it and it didnt work - and after going through three people at 1-800-comcast they shifted me to an expert who tells me that the PACE RNG110 box is not compatible with the Xfinity TV app - despite the fact that several Comcast websites say it is.

ChemGeek,

The RNG110 is only in select markets right now.

Please send the following information to info[at]xfinitytv[dot]com or send a private message so we can further assist you.

We ask you to e-mail or PM us because we don't want you to release your private information in a public forum.

Your comcast.net e-mail address or Comcast ID user name:

Account Number:

Zip code:

Make and model of your set-top box:

Please also include a link to this post with your name on this forum so we can accurately track your issue.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

New Poster

Thanks for everybody's help.  All of a sudden, with no additional intervention on my part, the remote control feature started to work between my iPhone app and the RNG110.  So maybe it just takes time.  I really like this App - Kudos to Komcast.

Contributor

I am having the same issue with the xfinity tv app and my RNG110 box.  The tv that is hooked up to the RNG110 box doesn't even show up in my xfinity tv app when I log in.

Contributor

I did the refresh and it started working.

New Poster

I'm have a simalr issue. The xfinity app does not work on the RNG110 Box. I have spent hours on the phone with "Wrongcast" (incuding over 2 hours today) no one can figure it out... and I have done all the preliminary things ( redownload app, tune off cable box etc.). Still does not work...Help! 

Official Employee

Siouxbufan wrote:

I'm have a simalr issue. The xfinity app does not work on the RNG110 Box. I have spent hours on the phone with "Wrongcast" (incuding over 2 hours today) no one can figure it out... and I have done all the preliminary things ( redownload app, tune off cable box etc.). Still does not work...Help! 

You have a ticket open for your issue already. Someone will reach out to you shortly.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe