Community Forum

CableCard Paring w/ Samsung smart media player

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

CableCard Paring w/ Samsung smart media player

Hello,

I have been trying and trying to get my samsung smart media player cable card activated and still cannot get it to get past the scrambled channel on every station. Could someone please give me the steps they took to get theirs working?

The cable leading to the samsung device was once used by another comcast box that had a dB rating of around 3-4db on the incoming line so its not the cable.

I have talked to just about everyone in the cable card department at least once maybe even some of them twice and they have given up on trying to help me. This should not be an issue where they have to send a technician out to my house to program a card when I can read the same numbers off the back of the card just as much as they can.

This seems to be a programming issue of the cable card?

I have a cisco card, do I need a motorola card, can I get a motorola card in a cisco area?

CableCard ID: 0011650908541

Host ID: 0390074919932

Card SN: PKKZCXJNP

Official Employee

Re: CableCard Paring w/ Samsung smart media player

@Mobjack53 wrote:

Hello,

I have been trying and trying to get my samsung smart media player cable card activated and still cannot get it to get past the scrambled channel on every station. Could someone please give me the steps they took to get theirs working?

The cable leading to the samsung device was once used by another comcast box that had a dB rating of around 3-4db on the incoming line so its not the cable.

I have talked to just about everyone in the cable card department at least once maybe even some of them twice and they have given up on trying to help me. This should not be an issue where they have to send a technician out to my house to program a card when I can read the same numbers off the back of the card just as much as they can.

This seems to be a programming issue of the cable card?

I have a cisco card, do I need a motorola card, can I get a motorola card in a cisco area?

CableCard ID: 0011650908541

Host ID: 0390074919932

Card SN: PKKZCXJNP

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above.

In reviewing your account, it appears that the activation was recently successful. Please let me now if this is not the case. Thanks for your patience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Mobjack53:

Are you able to get the channel guide function to work on your Samsung Media Player?  I have the GX-SM530CF set up and we were getting channels for a while, but the channel guide always said it was unavailable or to check our RF cable.  We left it plugged in for 12hrs and never got the guide to work.  It was connected to the internet wirelessly and we ran the setup function, which did ask for our zipcode- and we selected Comcast as our provider.  Also how happy are you with the Media Player?

(Comcast, can you help me with that if Mobjack isn't available?)

Thanks for the help!

Rob Marshall

Issaquah, WA

Official Employee

@sundownr01 wrote:

Mobjack53:

Are you able to get the channel guide function to work on your Samsung Media Player?  I have the GX-SM530CF set up and we were getting channels for a while, but the channel guide always said it was unavailable or to check our RF cable.  We left it plugged in for 12hrs and never got the guide to work.  It was connected to the internet wirelessly and we ran the setup function, which did ask for our zipcode- and we selected Comcast as our provider.  Also how happy are you with the Media Player?

(Comcast, can you help me with that if Mobjack isn't available?)

Thanks for the help!

Rob Marshall

Issaquah, WA

The on-screen guide is a function of your Samsung device. My suggestion is to check your user guide or Samsung for assistance there. I'll ask our team to also take a look at the cable card set up on our end.   

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/GX-SM530CF/XAA

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=473994&modelname=GX-...

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee
Moved: