Community Forum

CableCard Activation Failing

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

CableCard Activation Failing

I recently got an HDHomeRun Prime box and a CableCard. I attempted to activate the card online at http://www.xfinity.com/activatecablecard which successfully paired the card with the box but never activated it. The box shows Card Validation "none". I then called 1-877-405-2298 and Comcast attempted to send the activation signal multiple times but it never worked. Any way to escalate this at Comcast to get this card activated?

Status.PNGCardMenu.PNG

Gold Problem Solver

Re: CableCard Activation Failing

cromm1,

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Regular Visitor

I sent my account info via private message.

Regular Visitor

This issue is now resolved. Comcast tier 3 support contacted me and found that something in my local area was preventing the CableCARD from being staged correctly on their end. They contacted the local office and had the issue corrected. The card is now activated and all of the channels are working.

Official Employee

cromm1, I am glad that we were able to get this issue taken care of for you. Have a great day. 

Official Employee

Thank you cromm1 for this update, and I apologize for the delay. If you need any further help going forward please reach out to us, we are always here to assist. Have a great day.