Community Forum

Cable box re-booting APdl every 5 min

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
New Poster

Cable box re-booting APdl every 5 min

My digital cable box keeps re booting every 5-10 min since last night when power was out.  Flashes APdl for a moment then it brings back the cable stations for like 5-10 min and does it again. Chat was no help I was told there was an outage in my area.  Do I unplug the cable box? Or do I let it keep doing this? York PA 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Cable box re-booting APdl every 5 min

You can try unplugging the box. It's possible that your service has been affected by Irene.

Q: I have TV service but it goes in and out and the picture quality is not as good as usual.
A: Temporary fluctuations in your cable service may occur throughout the restoration period. You may experience brief losses of your cable services or degradation of picture quality as the power continues to be restored throughout the area.

Q: Why did I lose my TV, Internet and Voice services and still have power?
A: While Comcast’s facilities are generally located on the same poles as electric companies, the utilities are often fed from a different power source than the cable. There are different “distribution” points along the way. If one of these distribution points does not have commercial power, your cable will not work. See How Cable Works  for more details.

http://www.comcast.com/hurricaneseason/

New Poster

My digital cable box keeps re booting every 5-10 min since this morning. I did not lose power or service while the storm came through last night. I was watching TV this morning then there was a quick flash and the box has been out since. Flashes APdl for a moment then to zero for like 5-10 min and does it again. I have cable service with my other cable boxes in the house. What can I do to correct the problem?

New Poster

I am having the same problem.  I also live in the York area.  I called comcast and they said there was an outage in the area.  The weird part is only my DVR box has the problem all my TV's with the small boxes work without a problem.  Very annoying...

Frequent Visitor

My box did this the other day. I can't remember exactly the date, but It happened 1/2 of the day and practically the entire night and part of the next day. I even called Comcast to get a tech out because I thought the box was going bad. The night before the tech was scheduled to come, it stopped doing it and the box is now back to normal, so to speak - still of course cutting my recordings and being a general pita.  

New Poster

I am having the same problem!  

New Poster

Same problem here, since yesterday afternoon - APdl flashes up from time to time, cable box reboots every five minutes. 

Tried unplugging the box for several hours, no effect. 

No bad weather in the area.

Diamond Problem Solver

If it never stops trying to download, then the box has failed, please take it and the remote to the local Comcast office for a swap.

Bronze Problem Solver

I had the same problem with my RNG200 DVR after a local power failure.  When the power came back on the DVR just rebooted continuously.  The Comcast tech I talked to on the telephone said that was a known problem with this box and adviised me to swap it for another.  I did - no problems.