Community Forum

Cable Box Issue

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Cable Box Issue

The cable box keeps shutting off my TV.....it plays the TV for a few minutes and then shuts off the TV.  When I watch a DVD it doesn't do this.      I have tried resetting the box but it doesn't help.  Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how did you correct it.  thanks.

Problem Solver

Re: Cable Box Issue

Go into the tv menu to where it gives you a choice for Power Settings. Make sure that they are all off.
Regular Visitor

Thanks ...will try this.....did it work for you?

I never had this problem before.

Official Employee

@RedSox99 wrote:

The cable box keeps shutting off my TV.....it plays the TV for a few minutes and then shuts off the TV.  When I watch a DVD it doesn't do this.      I have tried resetting the box but it doesn't help.  Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how did you correct it.  thanks.

Apologies for the issue that you described. Are you having this issue on the DTA (smaller cable box) or the DVR (Motorola DCX 3400)?  Thanks for any additional information that you can provide.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

It is the larger box.................high def HD TV Serial No. M10908TD5404

Tech GEE diagnosed the problem as low signal and was trying to fix (around 10:30 AM) ...problem still unresolved!  Pls help resolve this issue.....

It's now 12:30 EST

thanks

Regular Visitor

The TV goes blank every 90 seconds or so!   It's so frustrating as we can't watch TV

Official Employee

@RedSox99 wrote:

The TV goes blank every 90 seconds or so!   It's so frustrating as we can't watch TV

Apologies, if our phone representative is not able to resolve, please insist on a technician visit so that the signal levels can be reviewed and adjusted if necessary.

There is no charge if the issue is determined to be with our equipment or originating outside your home.

Thanks for your patience.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Contacted Comcast again and was informed there is an "open ticket" for my problem....not sure what this means and how will I know if/when it's fixed?????   My bill should be reducted this month as I am unable to watch TV!    Or at least give me "something" to compensate as this has been going on for a while now.

Official Employee

@RedSox99 wrote:

Contacted Comcast again and was informed there is an "open ticket" for my problem....not sure what this means and how will I know if/when it's fixed?????   My bill should be reducted this month as I am unable to watch TV!    Or at least give me "something" to compensate as this has been going on for a while now.

An open ticket means that your individual issue is being worked, that is good news. I opened that ticket on your account this morning. Once the issue is resolved, yes, we can address the credit situation. Thanks for your patience.   

Regular Visitor

Thanks for your response....how will I know when my issue is resolved?  WIll someone contact me?    Someone (earlier said I had a weak signal -12%) and would call back........another Agent said they don't call back customers.............so who is telling the truth?   He also said NO technician would be sent out!

New Poster

Having similar problem - getting worse by day. TV has turned off 6 times in last 90 minutes. If left untouched, it comes back on in 3 - 5 minutes - one device at a time - rather odd. Please tell me where to find on the menu power settings, as I'm not seeing it.
Thanks,
Official Employee

@RedSox99 wrote:

Thanks for your response....how will I know when my issue is resolved?  WIll someone contact me?    Someone (earlier said I had a weak signal -12%) and would call back........another Agent said they don't call back customers.............so who is telling the truth?   He also said NO technician would be sent out!

Looks like we have a technician visit scheduled this week to get this resolved. Thanks for your patience.