Community Forum

CNN and MSNBC are pixellating

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: CNN and MSNBC are pixellating

@6V6-S wrote:

Since upgrading to Xfinity HD service both CNN and MSNBC are pixellating intermittently.  Problem is not device specific and it effects both the SD and HD feed.    After several  calls and troubleshoots / resets it was conceded that the problem is in the source signal.   CNN is particularly problematic.    I see that this is not a new problem, it was reported in 2017 in the archived section.

Why are CNN and MSNBC signals not being transmitted cleanly?   What am I supposed to do at this point?     

Have a tech out to troubleshoot the frequency(ies) that those channels are on.

Edit- your dvr is outside of the range it's supposed to be in to work properly.

New Poster

CNN and MSNBC are pixellating

Since upgrading to Xfinity HD service both CNN and MSNBC are pixellating intermittently.  Problem is not device specific and it effects both the SD and HD feed.    After several  calls and troubleshoots / resets it was conceded that the problem is in the source signal.   CNN is particularly problematic.    I see that this is not a new problem, it was reported in 2017 in the archived section.

Why are CNN and MSNBC signals not being transmitted cleanly?   What am I supposed to do at this point?