Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

CMT channel

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

CMT channel

Can someone logically explain why Xfinity charges extra for us to watch Nashville on the CMT channel?

Official Employee

Re: CMT channel

EMTEX wrote:

Can someone logically explain why Xfinity charges extra for us to watch Nashville on the CMT channel?

Did you know that you have access to Nashville on Nick HD (863), it broadcasts Thursdays a little after CMT airs it.

New Poster

When you get an answer as to why we have to pay $9.95 for a channel that shouldn’t be in a sports package, let me know. CMT was part of my basic programming on DirecTV and if I could, I would go back to them. I understand it from someone else that it was a basic channel and then one day it was moved to the sports package. Ridiculous.

New Poster

Watching Nashville after it airs is not the same as watching it live. I can also watch it on Hulu afterwards. The whole idea is to watch live.

Official Employee

Hello EMTEX and Metsiegirl. 

Regarding the CMT channel being in our Sports & Entertainment Package:

We look at our channel lineup from time to time and realign availability as needed. Each year, we consider changes to our channel lineup to better align our more popular packages with the most viewed programming.

If you’d like to continue receiving the channel you’re missing, I can help with finding new package options. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.