Community Forum

CBS, FOX and NBC are no longer available to me on onDemand

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: CBS, FOX and NBC are no longer available to me on onDemand

We just had the same issue with the same fix. We mentioned this to customer service in the very first call. Eleven days of trying to get to this identical resolution.
Silver Problem Solver

Glad you got it fixed. Since others were working, it did sound like a permissions type issue. Those can be tricky to track down. At least some people at Comcast know what they are doing!

Frequent Visitor

Problem solved. A wonderful woman in Tier 3 fixed it. When changing our billing the codes got mixed up and they put a code in saying I was a business. She changed them and walla!! it was fixed. Tier 3 is where it's at.

Thank you Tier 3

Frequent Visitor

I spoke with someone in tier 2 this morning for an hour or more. We got disconnected and she never called me back. Seems no one want to help me with this issue. She had no clue what it was. When they don't know the answer it seems we are stuck with the problem.

Frequent Visitor

HD seems to work but now they say I have no subscription to Showtime and Starz. This happened over night. Can it get worse?

Silver Problem Solver

I'm sure one of the Comcast employees (red user names with 'Comcast' in front) will be reading this and get in contact with you. It's likely something with your account permissions may have gotten messed up.

Frequent Visitor

Now I am also not getting HD programming. Though I have a ticket no one has contacted me. 

Frequent Visitor

I checked with a couple of neighbors and they get all the programs. 

Silver Problem Solver

Which is why I asked to see if you know any neighbors and see if they also cannot see any programming for those networks. If so, then it's an issue with the OnDemand servers in your area having a problem and not just you.

Frequent Visitor

I am fully paid and pay on time every month. It worked fine for the last 5 years and all of the sudden I cannot access these specific channels on  on demand. I would say it's on their end not mine. All I want is for it to be resolved in a timely manner and it;s now been 1 full full week. I am able to get programming on other channels on on demand. Also, they replaced the box, I did not ask for it to be replaced. All I want is for this to be resolved.

Silver Problem Solver

OnDemand menus are dynamically loaded as it accesses the server. Your box is essentially running an app to access it. If you did not have access, then it would usually just show it with the dollar-sign symbol as if you need to pay. Having 'No Categories Available' would mean the server has no programming available for some reason. Replacing the box would make no difference. If it's only you having issues (can you check with neighbors?), then it could be an issue with your account not being properly configured for access.

Frequent Visitor

CBS, FOX and NBC are no longer available to me on onDemand

I have not been able to watch CBS, FOX or NBC do to a message that says "No Categories Available"  This has been going on since September, 18th. Sent a tech out who gave me a new box and still have the problem. I decided to watch a program on Fox online since I cannot watch on my TV and I got a message that says "FOX not part of my subscription". What the heck? 

Comcast says they escalated the problem but come on it's been 6 days now that I cannot watch my shows. At least admit it is not on my end and it's your problem.  Please someone help me out here.