Community Forum

Box occasionally freezing and then rebooting only to get stuck in "boot" cycle

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: Box occasionally freezing and then rebooting only to get stuck in "boot" cycle

Thank you for confirming this issue has been resolved, have a good day. 

Contributor

Re: Box occasionally freezing and then rebooting only to get stuck in "boot" cycle

Yes
Official Employee

Hello, I wanted to touch base with you to see how everything went with our technician. Did we get your issue taken care of?

Official Employee

Hello shaunsindelman, I checked into a sooner appointment for you and I show that the appointment scheduled currently is the soonest that we can have a technician out to your home to resolve this issue. 

Official Employee

I escalated you up to a colleague who can check on appointment availability
Contributor

I see.

Well then what can be done about getting a tech out here SOONER than Wednesday morning to check my local signal? My cable is pretty much useless if I have to keep restarting the box manually every time it freaks out.

Official Employee

Everything that can be checked remotely, checks out fine. All equipment is well within specs.
Contributor

Box occasionally freezing and then rebooting only to get stuck in "boot" cycle

I swapped my main DVR box out for a replacement box a few days ago since the original box was acting up (basically the behavior described in my subject line).

Well the problem is *still* occurring and despite a call to tech support and an "escalation", it hasn't been fixed. I have a tech scheduled to come to my home on Wednesday but Comcast called me earlier today claiming they've resolved the problem and wanted to cancel the service appointment. I told them I would cancel tomorrow as long as I see no further issues for the rest of today and first part of tomorrow.

And the problem continues. Can anyone here help me out remotely because I am getting real tired of pulling the power cord out to cycle my box every time it gets stuck in boot mode?

Info for problematic box

"Living Room"

PA PX013ANM

Serial Number: PAD200548708