Community Forum

Blue screen from X1 box

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Blue screen from X1 box

My non-DVR X1 box, which has been working perfectly, now only shows a blue screen. I’ve tried unplugging and plugging back in, as well as a refresh, and once I get past the welcome screen it goes back to blue. I have a TCL 4K TV, and I’ve checked the HDMI port with other devices to make sure it works properly. I’m thinking it must either a bad box or some sort of strange HDCP issue. Any input on the matter would be appreciated.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Blue screen from X1 box

What is the model number of your X1 box?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Thanks for the response. The model # is XG2v2-P.
Silver Problem Solver

Blue screen sounds like a TV issue and not your XG2.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

Comcast updates their boxes pretty much every night.

One of the things the update might impact is the HDCP handshake between the box and your TV.  When the handshake fails, you'll get a bluescreen.

Here's the device that fixed it for us (Sony XBR): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CT7THLO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1