Community Forum

Blue light on HD box

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Blue light on HD box

Does you ever turn off the HD BOX (i.e. the blue light goes off)?  I guess what I'm asking is there ever a need to turn off the box?

Thanks

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Blue light on HD box

Hoops3 wrote:

Does you ever turn off the HD BOX (i.e. the blue light goes off)?  I guess what I'm asking is there ever a need to turn off the box?

Thanks

The boxes are designed to stay on 24x7.  The end user CAN have the box enter Power Save mode ( as it never really turns off ) from the settings, or by manually pressing the blue button.  You can also enable your Control Panel in settings and then left arrow to access those options, one of which will allow you to enter Power Save mode without going into settings.

Gold Problem Solver

You can set box so the light is off when the box is on.
New Poster

How?

Official Employee

Xfinity button to the Gear Symbol to Device Settings, scroll down to Device Lights, press ok 2 times and choose Brightness level 1,2,3 or Off
Expert

BostonBill1 wrote:

How?

press the Xfinity button on the remote > gear(settings) > Device Settings > Device Lights > Power Light brightness. change to 0 to turn off.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.