Community Forum

Black screen when streaming

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Black screen when streaming

Helllo, when I go to watch xfinity  online I only get a black screen with the streaming message in the upper right corner.  I have tried both explorer and chromoe

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Black screen when streaming

nwrunner wrote:

Helllo, when I go to watch xfinity  online I only get a black screen with the streaming message in the upper right corner.  I have tried both explorer and chromoe

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you. Please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Also, what is the streaming message that you are getting?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: true My Conroller ID: 153 My Map ID: 23 My Persona ID: 6677 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: false Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 68.153.129.181 My operating system: Windows - undefined My web browser: Firefox 18 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.6 r602 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (2192 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Tue Feb 19 2013 10:41:04 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time) Server Clock Time: Tue Feb 19 2013 10:40:57 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
My Account Information Primary Account: true Provider Codes: cy, bq, ce, cd, cf, cg, cq, da, cu, bv, b, cx, h, ad, bw, d, al, ci, a, bu, by, cn, ax, bs, at, ct, cb, ch, cs, cv, db, bm, co, bl, cw, bo, j, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: true Cable TV Subscriber: true Voice Subscriber: false
Official Employee

mustafafa30021 wrote:
My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: true My Conroller ID: 153 My Map ID: 23 My Persona ID: 6677 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: false Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 68.153.129.181 My operating system: Windows - undefined My web browser: Firefox 18 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10411.0 My flash version: 11.6 r602 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (2192 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Tue Feb 19 2013 10:41:04 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time) Server Clock Time: Tue Feb 19 2013 10:40:57 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
My Account Information Primary Account: true Provider Codes: cy, bq, ce, cd, cf, cg, cq, da, cu, bv, b, cx, h, ad, bw, d, al, ci, a, bu, by, cn, ax, bs, at, ct, cb, ch, cs, cv, db, bm, co, bl, cw, bo, j, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: true Cable TV Subscriber: true Voice Subscriber: false

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

What specific videos are you trying to watch? Please post the URLs.

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

i try internet explor the same issue

is every video

Official Employee

mustafafa30021 wrote:

i try internet explor the same issue

is every video

What specific videos are you trying to watch? Our site uses different video technologies from many different networks and would like to test the videos you are trying to watch. Please post the URLs.

Are you on a wireless or wired internet connection?

What location are you trying to watch video from? (Home, Work, Public Wi-Fi, etc.)

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

i am wired internet connection

every video i play from the website it goes blank screen. youtube is working

Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing the same problem.  However it does not happen to all videos, just videos from CBS.

Official Employee

Conjurer wrote:

I am experiencing the same problem.  However it does not happen to all videos, just videos from CBS.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe

Frequent Visitor

When I got home this evening I was able to play CBS videos.  Perhaps the permissions for the shows took some time to perculate to the various nooks and crannies of the XfinityTV Website.

New Poster

I am having this problem it used to work fine. Show I am trying to watch is Orphan Black but I tried many ither and none work.Although I used to watch many shows and movies Now I just get blank screen Xfinity in upper left corner and feew other options at bottom parental control etc.