Community Forum

Black screen -- no commercials. While watching Bitten. Does not go foward with show.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Black screen -- no commercials. While watching Bitten. Does not go foward with show.

Black Screen ---- no commercials loaded. Bitten is the show. Does not go foward with show. I hit relaod  first commercial no sound. 2nd commercial choppy. then brings be back to commercial before the white dot.  NOw when the commercials come back on sound very choppy  coming in and out.  126/mbs download speed. Any helpThanks.

Problem Solver

Re: Black screen -- no commercials. While watching Bitten. Does not go foward with sh

Have you tried to watch Bitten on line?

hthttp://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Bitten/7740247686032871112/452360259880/Dark-Arts/videostp://xf...

Works for me.  

ciao, bj

New Poster

Re: Black screen -- no commercials. While watching Bitten. Does not go foward with sh

I have exact same issue with that verry video posted as soon as it get to the first main commercial it just goes black and never comes back I have been haveing this issue almost three weeks now & I think i will have to ask for some credit towards my bill this isn't the only video i come across that once it hits the main commercials it just goes black and never comes back.

Problem Solver

Hi neko & converse, 

A couple of hours ago, I checked out ONDemand- Bitten - #210 - both regular and HD..

Both started up and ran, the first commercial was around mile marker 10--  no black screen .

I don't know if it matters but, I'm located in Massachusetts, and have a Motorola DCX3425R DVR.  It's a recent upgrade from my original DCT 3400 series DVR.

Have either of you tried the link I posted above?

ciao, bj

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Yes that is where I'm watching from - ONline.

Problem Solver

And you're getting a black screen when a commercial should be shown?    Or am I not understanding.  

I'm using chrome, have Bitten open and watching {flipping browser tabs}  , there are no commercials being shown here.  

ciao, bj

Regular Visitor

The Commercial should show but all that comes up is a black screen. Says You video will start shortly or somthing like that  then nothing. I refresh it go back to where it ended and starts the black screen over.    

Problem Solver

Neko, what you're describing is something similar to what I've seen when watching a program through HULU, or an ONLINE recording through the comcast site.

When I watch on line I go through httphttp://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings

When that page opens, I click the Watch OnLine tab, and this is the page I get:

online how to.PNG

In the upper right corner of this screen there is a search area {not shown}, I type Bitten and get:

online bitten.PNG

I realize that this is quite lengthy, but hoping that we're on the "same page" talking about this.

Right now, I'm using Chrome browser and there are no commercials on this showing.

As I said above, I sometimes have this happen when a show is fed through HULU on the comcast/xfinity WatchOnLine site.  

I don't know what else I can suggest, hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in.

ciao, bj

EDIT~~ browser info--  chrome- IE11 -  Win 7

Regular Visitor

Now it's happing to this show http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Secrets-of-Body-Language/8700553189532316112/438448707904/Secrets... blank, blank blank screen. never goes foward.

Problem Solver

Curiousity had me clicking on your link.  Interesting video.  I watched through the 1st break spot.  The vid flowed smoothly, and flawlessly.

H 2 channel --  is that History 2?   Not a channel that I watch.   But right now viewing this through current version of Chrome, Win 7 pc.

I'm sorry I don't have any solutions to your problem.      Later on, I'll give a test through my IE 11 browser to see if there's any difference.

ciao, bj