Community Forum

Black Screen | Tried Troubleshooting

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Black Screen | Tried Troubleshooting

I swapped out our X1 boxes when my TV kicked the bucket, and got the 4K DVR Main box, and the XI2 secondary box (Power light on top.) The 4K Main box works and has a live tv image, but the secondary box consistently goes to a black screen (not no signal, just black with no audio) after displaying the “Welcome, Powering Up” message. I have swapped the secondary box around 3 times as advised by customer support, though each one has the same issue. The TV is fine, (and I have tried changing both inputs and cables on the box), plus I was able to use each cable to play xbox. Each customer support rep tried rebooting the box and told me the signal strength shows great. My local xfinity store only has this model in stock (though support reps say they should have 19 XI3s in stock, with the vertical power light on the side) I just hope there is some easy solution because I have been making daily trips to the xfinity store and I would really like to figure this out.

Thanks for your time.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Black Screen | Tried Troubleshooting

Could you get the XG2?  I have two and I have never had an issue with them.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I will try that today. I believe that is the box I had before the swap. Thanks!
Expert

@mikedaria wrote:
I swapped out our X1 boxes when my TV kicked the bucket, and got the 4K DVR Main box, and the XI2 secondary box (Power light on top.) The 4K Main box works and has a live tv image, but the secondary box consistently goes to a black screen (not no signal, just black with no audio) after displaying the “Welcome, Powering Up” message. I have swapped the secondary box around 3 times as advised by customer support, though each one has the same issue. The TV is fine, (and I have tried changing both inputs and cables on the box), plus I was able to use each cable to play xbox. Each customer support rep tried rebooting the box and told me the signal strength shows great. My local xfinity store only has this model in stock (though support reps say they should have 19 XI3s in stock, with the vertical power light on the side) I just hope there is some easy solution because I have been making daily trips to the xfinity store and I would really like to figure this out.

Thanks for your time.

the Xi2 and xi3 are both same price keep the xi2. the Xi2 has its own tuners and should play on any outlet that another set top box will work. have you moved the xi2 to the same location as the 4k DVR to see if it successfully boots up on that coax line?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.