Community Forum

Big Ten Network

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Big Ten Network

According to my Xfinity Customer Representative, the Big Ten Network is about to be discontinued here in southwest Florida.  I am currently the HOA President of a large (1300+) development down here and I can assure you if the channel is dropped, I have canvassed our folks and Xfinity will lose 300-400 customers from my development alone.  I am also in touch with the leadership of five additional developments in this area who are equally concerned about this situation and they are prepared to recommend their Comcast customers move to another carrier.  I am also aware of a LARGE development in the central section of the state that is going to lose the the BIG Ten Network as well and they are also prepared to move to another carrier.  Florida, in many ways, is unique since many of the residents here have moved from the northeast or midwest which is prime Big Ten Country.  Several Big Ten School Bulletin Boards have been in an uproar over this.  I'm not sure how much Xfinity understands the potential ramifications of their decision.  I would strongly urge the folks who make such decisions to solve this problem quickly