Community Forum

Backlit Remote

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Contributor

Backlit Remote

Parents were given RNG150 non Dvr X1 box a few months ago. Also gave them an Xr2 black remote which is very hard to see in the dark. Which remote has a backlit keys and works with Pace RNG150?
Expert

Re: Backlit Remote

tstack wrote:
Parents were given RNG150 non Dvr X1 box a few months ago. Also gave them an Xr2 black remote which is very hard to see in the dark. Which remote has a backlit keys and works with Pace RNG150?

you posted on the X1 forum so this response is specific to the X1 Entertainment system. If your parent's TV does not need the 'component' video connectors and can connect with HDMI, then you can/should swap the rng150 for the Xg2 set top box. It has the lighted button remote XR11 and has the ability to be set up with the aim anywhere RF connection to the set top box which also enables the voice remote functions of the remote. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

_________

Yes there is, it's called an XR5 and you can pick one up at your local service center anytime
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Contributor

Okay will do in October. Thank you