Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

BAD "stuttering" tonight

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

BAD "stuttering" tonight

On many channels" for hours, sporadic and annoying.   Most noticeable in audio but picture affected too.   Why, and how do we stop it?

New Poster

Re: BAD "stuttering" tonight

I am experiencing the same issue. Particularly on sports channels. It has gradually gotten worse over the last few months. Two techs have visited my house and confirmed that signal issues are not the cause. They've also replaced the box. My TV is a new Samsung KS8000. No issues on smart TV content. Only with video coming from the box.

New Poster

Mine seems to be getting worse. There are no suggestions? It’s terrible on sports. So choppy at times. LG OLED. Blurays and built in tv apps play flawlessly.
Expert

Mmb75 wrote:
Mine seems to be getting worse. There are no suggestions? It’s terrible on sports. So choppy at times. LG OLED. Blurays and built in tv apps play flawlessly.

See this link for audio issues:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/Pixelation-video-and-audio-dropouts-One-Moment-...

New Poster

Thanks but this is not an audio issue and it is not pixelation. This is choppy, jerky video. Unnatural movement especially during sports.
Contributor

I wish I could give you more details, but we gave in and had Comcast come out to the house.  We discovered we had a signal amplifier (installed by Comcast) in our basement, so they did some testing around that and ended up installing something new to replace that -- along with some upgraded wiring, apparently.

Resolved the stuttering.

Now, unfortunately, we suffer problem that I'm only able to notice on weekend days, and it seems to occur only sporadically, where our internet connection is just shat.  Can't load web pages, etc. etc.  No outages, no explanations.

Wish we had options.

New Poster

Hmm...I have a signal amplifier installed by Comcast too. Thanks for the tip!