Community Forum

Available to watch in home only error

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Available to watch in home only error

i have been on phone for a week with Comcast support and had my issue escalated to L2 support but is still not solved.

When using the TV app every channel shows the :  Available to watch in home only error And the Watch button is disabled. Happening on all mobile devices including iOS and Android. Reinstalled the app a dozen times, modem info on the account seems up todate. 

How do I get this fixed?

New Poster

Re: Available to watch in home only error

I have the same exact issue on my laptop and it's been going on for about 6 months now. I had Comcast for 2 years prior to that and this never happened!!! It all started 6 months ago. If I open and close the browser a few times, or switch to a different browser, then sometimes I can get the online streaming to work.

But most of the time, I get the message stating that I need to be on my home network to watch live TV.

Comcast gave me a brand new router today and said that should fix the problem. IT DID NOT!!! This is so frustrating.

Can the issue have something to do with the fact that I needed to relocate my router to a different room and am now using a 3rd party cable???

P.S. I checked the DNS settings on both my laptop and router. They are IDENTICAL. Yet, I'm still told that I'm not connected to my home network!!!

New Poster

I have the same problem, on a wired computer where I have been watching local channels for over a year.  Nothing changed in my set up.  Power outage today is perhaps the trigger? I will call service and see if they can send a signal...

New Poster

Get a new DVR box from Comcast.  Yours is probably outdated.  That solved my issue completely!!!  And it's free!!!  You just need to make the trip to your nearest Comcast facility or have them mail you one.

Hope that does the trick for you, too!!!

Official Employee

Hi bhowardtn1! Were you able to get assistance with the error you were receiving?