Community Forum

Auto extend

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Auto extend

How do I bring back Auto-extend to sports recordings--it "disappeared" 1-2 mos ago.

Official Employee

Re: Auto extend

restarke wrote:

How do I bring back Auto-extend to sports recordings--it "disappeared" 1-2 mos ago.

It's the default setting.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

SOOO--HOW TO i GET BACK TO DEFAULT SETTING??

Official Employee

What exactly are you trying to do?
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Gold Problem Solver

Auto Extend has never been reliable. It still isn't. I STRONGLY suggest that you manually add recording time to any recordings that are important to you.

restarke wrote:

SOOO--HOW TO i GET BACK TO DEFAULT SETTING??

New Poster

Well aint that funny. Cuz 2 months ago is about the time that nearly EVERY sporting event I record- and later go to watch-gets cut out either 5 minutes into the recording or half way through. 90% of times its a sporting event where this happens leaving me to believe to stupid auto-extend feature is to blame.

Turns out this isnt just a bad x1 box as I have read upwards of about 20 threads and hundreds upon hundreds of complaints of same issue dating back months. Cable is NOT cheap. And some people work hours in which their show or game is playing. Leaving DVR as their only option. And people like me pay for services and rightfully expect them to work. This issue by the sounds of it has been effecting customers such as myself for months with no fix in sight. Not even a mention of the attempt to find solutions or an inkling that comcast even cares. I personally know 5 people who left comcast due to this problem. And that doesnt count the close to hundred who are threatening to leave comcast in online chats & threads. I would assume comcast has some smart people working for them as well as an ample budget-due the skyrocketing prices of cable in the past 5 yrs alone-to find a solution to this b.s. problem. I can only imagine the people who its happening to that either just canceled their service or are about to and just havent spoken up.

When someone records something on their DvR I do not think its unrealistic for that person to expect their to be any issues such as a recording cutting out mere minutes in sometimes. Again this is not a box problem it is an x1 platform problem. And multiple months of the issue with no end in sight as comcast keeps draining the bank accounts customers while providing inadequate service. Luckily I've read on a thread in my searches where a group of people are thinking about going to a newstation and reporting the fraud to the investigative reporter team out there. I don't have the energy to do such a thing but glad to have other peeved off customers who are willing to fight my battle for me. Just today i was out for a commitment and only am able to watch 5 minutes of a Celtics game when I recorded entire game as well as only the first half of the Patriots/Jets game.

And believe me there was a lot more I could have said above but for the sake of keeping it PG I cut out the expletives. But there are a lot of disgruntled customers out there over this issue believe me. And I never come on these things to hitch. But this has me fired up and very angry.