Community Forum

Auto-Extend STILL not working (again)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Re: Auto-Extend STILL not working (again)

Now the only problem is that besides adding an hour and a half to every game, it also extends EVERY baseball related recording, inclusing the pre and post game shows.  Oh well, i guess I can live with it, as long as it doesn't cause my DVR to fill up.  I'm usually only around 25% full,  so I should be fine.

Official Employee

@Nightwolf - Glad to hear it's working for you. Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Contributor

Holy cow, you're right.  I didn't even check because I know I couldn't do that last year.  They must have finally changed it.  Now I can extend all my games by an hour and a half.  I still wish it was longer, but that should work for most games.  Thanks.

Official Employee

Hi, Nightwolf - I just checked on my cable box and it did let me change the stop time for "All future recordings". Do you see the Start/Stop options for "All future recordings"?

Contributor

I know it's not reliable, that's why I keep complaining about it so hopefully they will try to make it work better.  Telling me to set a manual recording for 162 games is just not a good solution.  I was not looking for a stock answer for a forum regular,  I was hoping someone from Comcast would hear my (and other people's) complaint and pass along my suggestion to the engineers.  This is what I'm saying:

1. I already have recordings set up for my favorite baseball team

2. If I try to change the options for these recordings, it asks "Just This Recording" or "All Future Recordings"

3. If I choose "Just This Recording"  it lets me add extra time to the recording.  But if I choose "All Future Recordings" it DOES NOT LET ME.

4.  Why can't they just let me add 2 hours to ALL of my future baseball recordings?  Is that really asking too much?

Valued Contributor

@Nightwolf wrote:

Here we go again. Another season of baseball, and another 6 months of worrying whether or not I'll miss the end of the game because Comcast refuses to fix their broken auto-extend "feature". After years of dealing with this garbage I really hoped it would work this year, but no such luck. The very first game of the season and I come home from work to find my X1 decided that "Auto-Extend" means it should simply record an extra 30 minutes and hope the game is over by then. It wasn't. Luckily it also recorded the post-game show, which was 90 minutes long (only because it was the first game), and that gave me enough time to see the ending. But I might not be so lucky next time. I've missed the end of MANY games over the past few years because Comcast refuses to give me what I've asked for over and over - a GLOBAL option to add 2 hours to all of my live baseball recordings. Why is that so difficult?

It has been discussed in the past that the feature is not reliable because the feature only uses the guide data and estimates when the game might end therefore sporting events should be recorded manually. Instructions: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-set-a-manual-recording-for-a-channel

This feature option allows up to 7 hours of recording time if need be.

Contributor

Auto-Extend STILL not working (again)

Here we go again. Another season of baseball, and another 6 months of worrying whether or not I'll miss the end of the game because Comcast refuses to fix their broken auto-extend "feature". After years of dealing with this garbage I really hoped it would work this year, but no such luck. The very first game of the season and I come home from work to find my X1 decided that "Auto-Extend" means it should simply record an extra 30 minutes and hope the game is over by then. It wasn't. Luckily it also recorded the post-game show, which was 90 minutes long (only because it was the first game), and that gave me enough time to see the ending. But I might not be so lucky next time. I've missed the end of MANY games over the past few years because Comcast refuses to give me what I've asked for over and over - a GLOBAL option to add 2 hours to all of my live baseball recordings. Why is that so difficult?