Community Forum

Attic Antenna Options

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Attic Antenna Options

Like many others, I plan to cut the cord (my 2-year triple play plan is over, and I was told twice I now must pay full price). So, cutting the cord is my only option to lower my price. I do plan to keep my Xfinity internet and was quoted a lower price this week than two weeks ago – it is great to see something going down. I am looking for an attic antenna – for those that have one, do you have any recommendations? I am in a suburb of Detroit.

Thanks

Regular Contributor

Re: Attic Antenna Options

Dimi,
I have a Channel Master 4228 with a pre-amp installed in my attic. I live 50 miles south of Atlanta, Ga and I pick up all locals at full strength.
You mileage may vary depending on your distance from the towers. A useful website is tvfool.com. There you can find the distance from your home to the towers.
Cable Tv rates are getting out hand. It is amazing how many people do not realize that free over the Tv still exists.
Hope this helps
Frequent Visitor

Re: Attic Antenna Options

Thanks for the website. I am 10-18 miles away from the local stations. Before I had cable I used a Channel Master antenna - I will look at their product line.

Dimi