Community Forum

Apps on X1 Box saying I need Internet Service

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: Apps on X1 Box saying I need Internet Service

Hello HeatherB31. I can assist with troubleshooting your X1 applications issue. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you.

Regular Contributor

You aren’t alone. I’m in the same boat and get the same error. Comcast has to fix something on their end. 

Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Valued Contributor

That seems sort of odd- I assume your internet service in the house is working fine otherwise?  Might need a Comcast rep on the forums here to pull up your account and dig into your DVR to see if maybe the provisoning is wrong on it.  

Regular Visitor

It’s a X1 DVR I have the highest package you can get. I was able to access all apps from the X1 box until June 27th. I even purchase Netflix now because we got so used to it during the free week.
Expert

@HeatherB31 wrote:
This problem is affecting all of the applications on the X1 box. Every app says the same thing I need Xfinity Internet. I have been without using my apps since June 27th. I have called 4 times an was told this is a nationwide outage for people in my tier internet (whatever that means) with NO ETA to be fixed. I am paying for Netflix I can’t use. Why is this not something that is being worked on 24/7. 6 days seems a excessive considering how much I pay a month. Anyone else having this issue? Maybe we should call in at the same time so they can expedite this problem.

that appears to be an X1 menu. what is the model number of the set top box? 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Regular Visitor

Apps on X1 Box saying I need Internet Service

This problem is affecting all of the applications on the X1 box. Every app says the same thing I need Xfinity Internet. I have been without using my apps since June 27th. I have called 4 times an was told this is a nationwide outage for people in my tier internet (whatever that means) with NO ETA to be fixed. I am paying for Netflix I can’t use. Why is this not something that is being worked on 24/7. 6 days seems a excessive considering how much I pay a month. Anyone else having this issue? Maybe we should call in at the same time so they can expedite this problem.
image.jpg