Community Forum

App which brings up movie by reciting a line of dialogue from the movie

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: App which brings up movie by reciting a line of dialogue from the movie

Hi jwarner6!

Thanks for providing your feedback. I recited the same line from Apocalypse Now and was able to pull up the movie on my end. When you mentioned that your box froze, that indicates that there may be some sort of signal issues that cause the box to freeze. To ensure this doesn't continue to happen and you can continue to enjoy this feature on the voice remote, do you mind if I review your account to see if this could be the cause? 

In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

New Poster

App which brings up movie by reciting a line of dialogue from the movie

I saw an Xfinity commercial about a new service: speaking a line from a movie will link you to this movie. I tried it out by saying, "I love the smell of napalm in the morning" and the movie, Apocalypse Now came on the screen. The problem was that I couldn't exit. The remote became inoperable. Turning the power off or removing the cable, did not help when the tv was turned back on cable restored. Eventually, I had to call for a reset signal to be sent.

I'm assuming that this service is quite ready for show time. Thought you might want to know that there is a bug.