Community Forum

Any advice - crushed colors on OLED

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Any advice - crushed colors on OLED

I just updated to the X1 box and the hd programming has a bunch of crushed colors on my television. Any thoughts? Thanks!
20171107_213211.jpg
Official Employee

Re: Any advice - crushed colors on OLED

Could be the box.
What do you have the video display set to?
The box is just a little out of spec, remove any unneeded splitters.
Gold Problem Solver

What resolution is your X1 box set to? Are you sure that you are on the HDMI connection?

Please provide details in regards to your TVs settings. I am concerned your TV is highly misadjusted. Using X1, my LG OLED looks nothing like the pictures you posted. But my TV is calibrated and correctly adjusted.

Stateofreason wrote:
I just updated to the X1 box and the hd programming has a bunch of crushed colors on my television. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Contributor

How was the Picture Quality before the update to X1?  Did the installer observe the poor PQ or was this a self install?  Assuming the PQ was fine before the X1, I would suspect a Comcast equipment failure or improper settings of the Comcast equipment. 

New Poster

I mostly use streaming services and they tend to look fine. Xbox 4k looks fine for bluray. This is hooked up with hdmi, 1080i (which appears to be highest permitted) and the tv is using the dark room setting, slightly tweaked. I'm not uaing the high contrast settings. No tech came out to hook it up so maybe it would be a good idea...
Silver Problem Solver

Stateofreason wrote:
I mostly use streaming services and they tend to look fine. Xbox 4k looks fine for bluray. This is hooked up with hdmi, 1080i (which appears to be highest permitted) and the tv is using the dark room setting, slightly tweaked. I'm not uaing the high contrast settings. No tech came out to hook it up so maybe it would be a good idea...

Do you have the option for 1080P?  Where are you seeing 1080i?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.