Community Forum

Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Re: Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal

@m.venanzi

 

Thanks so much for staging link!! Very much appreciated.

Contributor

Re: Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal


m.venanzi wrote:

OLD TV website is still out there

 

http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net

 

Get your watchlist info before its lost

 

dvr recordings doesn't work for me though


Thanks, it's like being with and old friend. How did you find it?

Contributor

Re: Where is my WatchList?

Thanks for monitoring the forum ....

Honestly, the new TV Listings is much less functional then the previous version ....

e.g.,

1. no primetime jump

2. no button that will quickly select just Sports or Movies.

3. No favorites that you can scan quickly.

4. The new Movie view only looks at movies for the next hour or so .... very difficult to go to future times to locate movies or sporting events that i want to record.

5. Personally, i like more info per screen (maybe 30 channels / screen)  than using pics which eat up too much space.

Contributor

Re: Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal

THis is great ... thx

Regular Visitor

Re: Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal

Where is DVR Manager in the new Xfinity TV Online portal?? I have always managed my DVR from my computer and the DVR Manager is now missing. Please restore it!!

Regular Visitor

favorite channels and grids

the new system is very very bad, cannot get my favorite channels, also I want my 5 grid back, whose idea was this ? 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Can't DVR anything from the Apps

The TV REMOTE app for your mobile devices will allow you to manage your DVR, please see if that helps your situation!

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal


Pikna2n wrote:

Where is DVR Manager in the new Xfinity TV Online portal?? I have always managed my DVR from my computer and the DVR Manager is now missing. Please restore it!!


It is under "Saved", if you only see purchased, you need X1 with cloud storage service. If you don't have x1, you can use the remote app if you have a capable device. See notice in first post.

 

I don't have XFINITY X1 service, how can I schedule recordings when away from home?
With the XFINITY TV app, X1 Cloud DVR customers can schedule and manage their DVR recordings right through the app. All other XFINITY DVR customers should use the XFINITY TV Remote app available in the App Store or Google Play to schedule and manage DVR recordings.

Contributor

Re: Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal

staging  in  the normal I/T world implies pre-production.  God let's hope this is what they plan to put back in place!  It is so much

better than the software they through in there last week without notice.  As I have stated before, their CTO needs to find a new job and someone with some common sense promoted to that position.   That's from a baby boomer who spent 40 years in I/T.  

New Poster

Re: Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal

Ironically was coming to complain about the new website design, but multiple people have beat me to the punch. Glad to know I'm not the only one wondering why on earth you guys broke your website design---the service is HORRIBLE. Full screen is no longer truly full-screen---in fact, it's smaller than it was on the old website; the autoplay feature was destroyed, and at times I'm waiting 5 minutes for a SINGLE EPISODE to load---sometimes even just the episode LIST takes forever. Once in the episode listings, the < button near the title just reloads the page instead of actually working.

It appears that since you're unable to punish Netflix users with slower speeds, you've taken to punishing your own customers with your very website. It's sorta sadistic. >.> Is it absolutely necessary to have a tedious loading screen between EVERY SINGLE CLICK from the home page to an actual episode? It went from under a minute to load a show, to several minutes (sometimes longer than 10.) For as much as is being paid for cable internet, your website is a nostalgia trip back to when we still had a modem.

Regular Visitor

Re: favorite channels and grids

I AGREE 100%. NEW GUIDE IS HORRIBLE.  I WANT MY FAVORITES BACK AND I WANT TO SEE WHAT'S ON PAST AN HOUR 

New Poster

Hate the new TV Listing view

this new listing is terrible. I cannot find what I am looking for. Bring back the previous listing please where the channel numbers and names were on the left in chronological order and then the scheduled shows by the time column. it was neat and clear. This new view is a disaster because there is no channel and terrible filter options.

Contributor

Re: favorite channels and grids

Comcast: "We're not happy until you're not happy"

 

 

New Poster

Re: new tv listing format

Been reading a lot of stuff...but this is ridiculous...

 

I'm by no means a "techie" but the "solutions" suggested are so far beyond what any reasonable customer should be expected to do.

 

Just want to look at a "TV guide" that opens instantly (like it used to do), go to a time frame (like it used to do), search on a show, and find when and what channel it's on (like it used to do)...

 

This new "format", or whatver you may call it is worse than an old IBM main-frame FFS...how about giving us some punch-cards..??

 

Sorry for the rant, but this is really bad...hope you fix it...

 

 

 

Regular Contributor

Re: favorite channels and grids


zep33 wrote:

Comcast: "We're not happy until you're not happy"

 

 


That is positively priceless!!!

New Poster

Re: Where is my WatchList?

It isn't just the watch list the favorites are gone as well.  I do not want to scroll through a bunch of channels to find the ones I can actually watch.  Also I had a hard enough time reading the guide on the TV before, now with the black background and the grey print it is even harder to see.  I accessed the guide on my laptop or on my husband's ipad and changed the channel that way.  Now that function is gone.  On demand is mostly useless now unless you have their more expensive HD box.  I can't wait till my contract is up so I can chuck Comcast to the curb like they have done to their customers.  This is the last straw Comcast.  Fix the issues or the demise of cable will happen that much sooner.  When I called customer service I was told some of the missing features were a software issue.  I don't buy that but in any case shouldn't you have tested this all out before you foisted it on people?

Regular Contributor

Re: new tv listing format


Lyn33 wrote:

Been reading a lot of stuff...but this is ridiculous...

 

I'm by no means a "techie" but the "solutions" suggested are so far beyond what any reasonable customer should be expected to do.

 

Just want to look at a "TV guide" that opens instantly (like it used to do), go to a time frame (like it used to do), search on a show, and find when and what channel it's on (like it used to do)...

 

This new "format", or whatver you may call it is worse than an old IBM main-frame FFS...how about giving us some punch-cards..??

 

Sorry for the rant, but this is really bad...hope you fix it...

 

 

 


I've gone back to Zap2It.com; give that a try if you haven't already. Also TVGuide.com. A bit slow, a bit more limited than Zap2It.

Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: new tv listing format

Here is my update of changes in the new web site. New items in this update are marked with an *
Now that we have access to the old site, there are many other missing features I forgot about.

 

What has remained:

there's still the listings but limited
there's still a filter function but limited
there's still a DVR manager but limited
there's still On Demand but limited

 

Now what's missing:

listings only shows 2 hrs, was selectable 1, 3, or 5 hrs
* listings Channel height setting gone
* listings Channel sorting order setting gone
* listings Change lineup based on zip code gone
listings aren't marked if new
listings aren't color coded as kids, movie, or sports
listings favorite channels filter
listings "my channels" filter
can no longer change channel on cable boxes
filter for movies, sports, or kids, only for the next 2 hrs and not in listing format
jump to Prime time and Now buttons for listings are gone
* listings search is gone
watch list is gone
recorded shows can not be played on tv
recorded shows are not sorted logically (most recent groups episodes together now)
* recorded shows can no longer mark multiple shows for deletion
* recorded shows can no longer be sorted by channel
* recorded shows can no longer be sorted by viewing status
* sceduled recordings can no longer be sorted by channel
* sceduled recordings can no longer be sorted by title
advanced recording options have been limited
dvr series priority function is gone
on demand can no longer be played on tv
on demand movies can no longer be filtered for free with service
on demand pay per view movies are not available (explains lack of free filter)
on demand can no longer be filtered for new
on demand can no longer be filtered for genre
* on demand can no longer be filtered for rating
* on demand can no longer be sorted by release year
* on demand movies can no longer be filtered for price
on demand play doesn't allow jumping back to rewatch a portion on some shows(no rewind)
* on demand view all, can't jump to letter of alphabet, except on demand tv you can
* on demand filter 'Ends soon' gone
removed commonsensemedia.org reviews from the program descriptions
* watch history can no longer be cleared

 

Now what's been added:

stream live tv to device
filters for away for home, closed caption, and secondary audio
listings page auto scrolls to keep current time in view (though it does have a bug and stops auto scroll at times)

 

What's wrong with new site:

SLOW
requires flash an old technology with security problems
listings shown can't always be trusted, when you move time into the future and jump back to current time, listings aren't always updated, future time shows are still shown at current time
some functions only work if logged in with main comcast account meaning main account log in must be known by all household members
devices have to registered do do anything
number of devices registered is limited to X (haven't found spec)
number of dvices streaming at the same time is limited to 5
listing page colors - white text on black hard to see
"Available for download" filter mentioned in comcast announcement missing on web site
third party cookies must be allowed for site to work
dvr manager does not work with non x1 cable boxes


Did I miss anything? Any inaccuracies?

New Poster

Re: Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal

I hate the new xfinity tv website.  You can't fast forward or rewind anymore.  Sometimes I miss part of a show and need to rewind, but guess what:  That's too bad.  I have to restart the entire show.  This is definitely a downgrade.  

Contributor

Re: new tv listing format


m.venanzi wrote:

Here is my update of changes in the new web site. New items in this update are marked with an *
Now that we have access to the old site, there are many other missing features I forgot about.

 

<snip>


Did I miss anything? Any inaccuracies?


Madame or Monsieur Venanzi:

 

Well, I guess I'm just gonna have to randomly go through your posting history and give you kudos, because I can only kudo this post once Smiley Happy. Great job collecting these issues into a single location. I've been doing some screen grabs so I can prove to myself later that all these great features did, in fact, exist.

 

I get that Comcast has a legitimate business interest here regarding locking down access to certain content; but this list surely is a solid argument that by their approach they have not just thrown out the baby with the bath water, they threw out the bathtub too.

 

If they are trying to match competitors such as SlingTV which stream live channels, they would have been better off providing it as a new separate service, rather than trashing the existing one.

 

New Poster

Re: New TV guide

Amen!

 

Well said.....the new webpage for TV listings is TERRIBLE!....and hate having to sign in, just to get an incomplete and confusing listing page......

 

Bring back the old page!!!!

 

 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal


m.venanzi wrote:

OLD TV website is still out there

 

http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net

 

Get your watchlist info before its lost

 

dvr recordings doesn't work for me though


THANK YOU, m.vananzi. You don't know how happy you have made me.

 

 

Frequent Visitor

Re: streaming problems

I am glad to see I am not the only one.  I don't have Xfinity X1 platform but have Xfinity digital preferred.  When I log on to a computer away from home, I can no longer watch TV.  And, it seems to have happened within the past 2 weeks.  I also cannot program the DVR from my computer.  Even though under the tab that says "My account" it shows ability to watch TV online or program DVR, no such luck.  I have tried a number of ways to get in  but everytime I try to click to watch TV, I get an error message.  I have spent sooooo much time with Comcast reps who have no answer and tell me I have to be logged on to my home network.  I thought logging in to Comcast.net was accessing my network; it allows me to get my e-mails?  Why isn't that my home network for purposes of TV?  And why would I log into my computer at home to watch TV; I would just turn on my TV! 

 

Funny thing is, I can go to a channel, e.g., Comedy Central, on the computer and watch shows by logging in with my comcast log-in info (the same log-in I use to get to my e-mails and had been using for about a year to log in and watch TV but no longer works for TV). So it has to be the stupid Comcast website and program.  Hey, idiots - not all computers use apps.  We do not have computers like that at work.  Why not give a service we all can use?

 

I am so sick of companies making what they feel are great upgrades and changes yet not being able to make things work properly or even work.  I am also mad that I am paying for a service that I had been able to use for about a year and they still show under my account as an option, yet I cannot use it.  They just say they will "expedite the ticket" and ask me for a phone number for someone to call me at.  No one has called and it's not fixed. (Maybe too busy with hundreds of thousands of others complainging??) 

 

Tonight I finally had it and when he again gave me the line that he will "expedite the ticket" and asked for my number, I told him I want my charges adjusted down and am about ready to report Comcast to whatever fed agency regulates cable TV and the state AG for fraud for charging me for a service I cannot use.  I already pay enough for TV and Internet access, which is obscene, but to not have it work?  Ridiculous.  Maybe we should ALL lodge complaints with whatever govt agencies we can.  I usually don't like govt regulation but if going to a regulatory agency will get Comcast's act in gear and fix things or put them back to the way they were, then let's go to whoever we can find.

 

And, this is exactly why I don't want to go to the X1 platform - if you can't make this work then how can I be guaranteed that your cloud is going to work?  (Oh, and don't get me started on the phone and how crappy that service is.  The only reason I have it is the triple-play package was cheaper than cable/Internet and separate landline.  I use my cell most of the time anyway.)

Frequent Visitor

Re: Live streaming, On Demand and DVR access via https://tv.xfinity.com/

Sorry but you don't know what you are talking about.  I tried both the xfinity.com/watch (or whatever it is) and the tv.xifinity.com and neither works.  I have digital preferred (not X1) and like everyone else, had been able to watch tv on my computer at work until a couple of weeks ago or maybe just around the time everyone started posting complaints.  Our computers at work don't have apps.  Funny that if I go to, e.g., Comedy  Central, and watch an episode, I can log in with my comcast account login - the same log-in I use to get my e-mails and I had been using to watch TV on-line.  I had been able to use my laptop on vacations this summer to watch TV when the hotel did not have channels I wanted. My account under the "account" tab says that I have digital preferred and has links for me to watch TV online or program my DVR from my computer; neither works.

 

So, it appears I am being charged for a service I cannot use.  That to me smells like fraud and maybe we all need to go to the federal regulatory agency that oversees cable and report this.  Maybe we should all go to our state AG's and report fraud and misrepresentation in advertising.  I have spent a LONG time with your "great" IT department on multiple occasions, only to be told they will "expedite the ticket" and get my # for someone to call me back.  Did it again tonight.  I finally said I want my bill adjusted down if I can't get all the services I am paying for or I am going to report Comcast to wherever I can.  It's obscene what I pay to watch TV and get Internet service, so pardon me if I expect it all to work properly and get upset when it's not.  Wouldn't you feel like you were being defrauded if you couldn't use what you are paying for? 

 

OH, and this is why I do not want the x1 platform.  You can't even make this work.  Why should I believe you can make the cloud work?

Frequent Visitor

Re: FIX the TV Guide on tv.xfinity.com (Need Favorites, etc)

At least you can use the new site. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Live streaming, On Demand and DVR access via https://tv.xfinity.com/

They do not work.  They do not work.  They do not work.  I have tried any number of things and talked to your IT department mutliple times and wasted I don't know how much of my time on this.  Why don't you just drop the monthly cost of my service since I cannot use everything that was advertised in my package; that would make me happy.  Because I am so ticked off I am about ready to report Comcast to federal regulatory agencies and/or my state AG for misleading advertising and fraud.  Why make changes when things were OK?  We don't have apps on our pcs at work and it used to be so nice to be able to watch tv while working at night.  Or when I was on vacation; I could log in to my comcast.net account, click on the TV icon, and boom - there it was. Just had to click on live or networks and watch what I wanted.  Don't you people realize that sometimes what you feel are improvements aren't?  Why can't you just leave well enough alone?  Why do you always have to be "upgrading"?  Is it an upgrade if you can't use it?  And I don't want the X1 platform. You can't get this to work, can't trust you will get the cloud working.  (Oh, and also have this feeling due to the phone service.  Only took Triple-play because cheaper than a landline and Internet/Cable, plus I use my cell phone anyway.  Thank God I have that or I wouldn't have a phone.)

Frequent Visitor

TV Listings

TV listing website 

https://tv.xfinity.com/listings#filters=favorites   

and 

https://tv.xfinity.com/listings

are not working

 

It always says : we are having trouble - see attached 

Screenshot 2016-10-06 00.27.00.png
Frequent Visitor

Want to delete multiple recorded programs at once

Is there any way to delete multiple programs I've recorded at one time.  It takes forever deleting one at a time.

Frequent Visitor

Re: How Do I Record Specific Times (not programs) on X1?

attached printscreen shows highlighted channel but NO info option anyplace.

2016-10-06.png
Gold Problem Solver

Re: How Do I Record Specific Times (not programs) on X1?


storageman wrote:

attached printscreen shows highlighted channel but NO info option anyplace.


Left click on a program slot and you should have a pop up window showing the INFO and the WATCH, RECORD & EPISODES buttons.

Frequent Visitor

Re: How Do I Record Specific Times (not programs) on X1?

Of course left click on a PROGRAM slot works (with a stop time of 1.5 hours) but I want and need the CHANNEL recording to record channel x from 6pm to 11pm

It use to be stop time + 3 hours which disappeared and ws cut to 5 minutes but is now 1.5 hrs

Valued Contributor

Re: Live streaming, On Demand and DVR access via https://tv.xfinity.com/


RD56 wrote:

They do not work.  They do not work.  They do not work.  I have tried any number of things and talked to your IT department mutliple times and wasted I don't know how much of my time on this.  Why don't you just drop the monthly cost of my service since I cannot use everything that was advertised in my package; that would make me happy.  Because I am so ticked off I am about ready to report Comcast to federal regulatory agencies and/or my state AG for misleading advertising and fraud.  Why make changes when things were OK?  We don't have apps on our pcs at work and it used to be so nice to be able to watch tv while working at night.  Or when I was on vacation; I could log in to my comcast.net account, click on the TV icon, and boom - there it was. Just had to click on live or networks and watch what I wanted.  Don't you people realize that sometimes what you feel are improvements aren't?  Why can't you just leave well enough alone?  Why do you always have to be "upgrading"?  Is it an upgrade if you can't use it?  And I don't want the X1 platform. You can't get this to work, can't trust you will get the cloud working.  (Oh, and also have this feeling due to the phone service.  Only took Triple-play because cheaper than a landline and Internet/Cable, plus I use my cell phone anyway.  Thank God I have that or I wouldn't have a phone.)


Please hit the quote button when you reply to someone. No idea who you are talking to. 

Contributor

Re: Can't DVR anything from the Apps

The TV Remote app has been updated as well. If you have not yet downloaed the update, it still works as before.  If you get the update, you will not have access to DVR...or just about anything else.  It's a piece of garbage.

Problem Solver

Re: Want to delete multiple recorded programs at once


Pudditat wrote:

Is there any way to delete multiple programs I've recorded at one time.  It takes forever deleting one at a time.


With so many threads being lumped together by comcast, it would help to know what sort of DVR system you have.

 

If it's a NON X1 system, it can be done through your TV &  DVR button.    Manage your DVR>>Delete programs>>  

 

This is what I use for multiple deletions on my NON X1 system..  

 

Good luck.. ciao, bj

Valued Contributor

Re: Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal


mcmcbride wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

OLD TV website is still out there

 

http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net

 

Get your watchlist info before its lost

 

dvr recordings doesn't work for me though


THANK YOU, m.vananzi. You don't know how happy you have made me.

 

 


It looks like the link may have been removed. I am getting and error now when trying to access it. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal


I get an error message this morning, too.
m45warrior1 wrote:

mcmcbride wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

OLD TV website is still out there

 

http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net

 

Get your watchlist info before its lost

 

dvr recordings doesn't work for me though


THANK YOU, m.vananzi. You don't know how happy you have made me.

 

 


It looks like the link may have been removed. I am getting and error now when trying to access it. 


 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal


poodlemom923 wrote:

I get an error message this morning, too.
m45warrior1 wrote:

mcmcbride wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

OLD TV website is still out there

 

http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net

 

Get your watchlist info before its lost

 

dvr recordings doesn't work for me though


THANK YOU, m.vananzi. You don't know how happy you have made me.

 

 


It looks like the link may have been removed. I am getting and error now when trying to access it. 


 


They removed the ability to login around noon

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal


m.venanzi wrote:

poodlemom923 wrote:

I get an error message this morning, too.
m45warrior1 wrote:

mcmcbride wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

OLD TV website is still out there

 

http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net

 

Get your watchlist info before its lost

 

dvr recordings doesn't work for me though


THANK YOU, m.vananzi. You don't know how happy you have made me.

 

 


It looks like the link may have been removed. I am getting and error now when trying to access it. 


 


They removed the ability to login around noon


They also removed access to the main page. Someone try this link, it still gets me to the page but I can't login:

 

http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings#filters=favorites

Valued Contributor

Re: Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal


m.venanzi wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

poodlemom923 wrote:

I get an error message this morning, too.
m45warrior1 wrote:

mcmcbride wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

OLD TV website is still out there

 

http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net

 

Get your watchlist info before its lost

 

dvr recordings doesn't work for me though


THANK YOU, m.vananzi. You don't know how happy you have made me.

 

 


It looks like the link may have been removed. I am getting and error now when trying to access it. 


 


They removed the ability to login around noon


They also removed access to the main page. Someone try this link, it still gets me to the page but I can't login:

 

http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings#filters=favorites


Yeah, same problem here...

Contributor

Re: Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal


m.venanzi wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

poodlemom923 wrote:

I get an error message this morning, too.
m45warrior1 wrote:

mcmcbride wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

OLD TV website is still out there

 

http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net

 

Get your watchlist info before its lost

 

dvr recordings doesn't work for me though


THANK YOU, m.vananzi. You don't know how happy you have made me.

 

 


It looks like the link may have been removed. I am getting and error now when trying to access it. 


 


They removed the ability to login around noon


They also removed access to the main page. Someone try this link, it still gets me to the page but I can't login:

 

http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings#filters=favorites


Yes, the "old site" must have been taken down. It was okay around 9 AM. Now it is grayed out, can't log in. I tried launching the staging link and it's gone. Thanks Comcast, you rat b............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal


hogislandmark wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

poodlemom923 wrote:

I get an error message this morning, too.
m45warrior1 wrote:

mcmcbride wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

OLD TV website is still out there

 

http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net

 

Get your watchlist info before its lost

 

dvr recordings doesn't work for me though


THANK YOU, m.vananzi. You don't know how happy you have made me.

 

 


It looks like the link may have been removed. I am getting and error now when trying to access it. 


 


They removed the ability to login around noon


They also removed access to the main page. Someone try this link, it still gets me to the page but I can't login:

 

http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings#filters=favorites


Yes, the "old site" must have been taken down. It was okay around 9 AM. Now it is grayed out, can't log in. I tried launching the staging link and it's gone. Thanks Comcast, you rat b............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,


As I  wrote yesterday, I didn't think they  would leave it there for long. At least I got my watchlist info.

 

Time for the complaints to begin again.................

 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal


m.venanzi wrote:

hogislandmark wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

poodlemom923 wrote:

I get an error message this morning, too.
m45warrior1 wrote:

mcmcbride wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

OLD TV website is still out there

 

http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net

 

Get your watchlist info before its lost

 

dvr recordings doesn't work for me though


THANK YOU, m.vananzi. You don't know how happy you have made me.

 

 


It looks like the link may have been removed. I am getting and error now when trying to access it. 


 


They removed the ability to login around noon


They also removed access to the main page. Someone try this link, it still gets me to the page but I can't login:

 

http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings#filters=favorites


Yes, the "old site" must have been taken down. It was okay around 9 AM. Now it is grayed out, can't log in. I tried launching the staging link and it's gone. Thanks Comcast, you rat b............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,


As I  wrote yesterday, I didn't think they  would leave it there for long. At least I got my watchlist info.

 

Time for the complaints to begin again.................

 


Now the internal pages are gone. Can no longer get to

 

http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings#filters=favorites

Regular Contributor

Re: Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal

 


Now the internal pages are gone. Can no longer get to

http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings#filters=favorites

 

 


"You're going to like this new format whether you like it or not. So there."

 

I'm just guessing that's what's going on at Comcast.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal


mrshvd3 wrote:

 


Now the internal pages are gone. Can no longer get to

http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings#filters=favorites

 

 


"You're going to like this new format whether you like it or not. So there."

 

I'm just guessing that's what's going on at Comcast.


and they're closing the hole of letting non subscribers from using subscriber's login to watch on demand, which I believe is the true reason for the web site changing.

Problem Solver

Re: Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal

 


m.venanzi wrote:

mrshvd3 wrote:

 


Now the internal pages are gone. Can no longer get to

http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings#filters=favorites

 

 


"You're going to like this new format whether you like it or not. So there."

 

I'm just guessing that's what's going on at Comcast.


and they're closing the hole of letting non subscribers from using subscriber's login to watch on demand, which I believe is the true reason for the web site changing.


How short sighted and narrow minded of comcast!!!  

 

Yet they wasted funds, paying the salaries to the mental giants that released the fiasco that is THE NEW WAY TO WATCH TV.

 

If you stop and think, who is really paying for this?  And most importantly, who had a say in any of these changes?  Certainly not any of the paying customers who actually use the tv guide and its related functions.

 

Thank you comcast..  I am now totally using  http://www.zap2it.com  and expect my data usage to go way down...   Can't get to the area where I was able to watch episodes of missed shows.  

 

ciao, bj

 

 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal

 

I have been following this thread for several days now, I've even made a comment or two. I am so peeved at this point it is almost beyond words! The new TV guide s#cks, that is when I can even view it since some genius decided to develop it around a requirement that I use the latest version of Flash Player, among other things.

 

I can't even access my email now, even though I'm logged in to my account!!

 

If I try and access the TV guide using Firefox I get the first screen shot; with Chrome I get the second screen shot; and with Internet Explorer I get the third screen shot. I'm using Windows 7, I do not own, nor do I want a smart phone or a tablet. Witth Chrome I have tried clearing my cache and cookies, I have tried allowing third party cookies, and I have tried allowing the latest version of Flash Player, all without any success! With Windows 7, there is no Explorer 11, or Edge browser!

 

I am so thoroughly fed up at this point, Comcast/Xfinity, I'm not entirely sure I'm going to stick with you after this.

 

Firefox.JPGChrome.JPGInternet Explorer.JPG

Regular Contributor

Re: Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal


m.venanzi wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

hogislandmark wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

poodlemom923 wrote:

I get an error message this morning, too.
m45warrior1 wrote:

mcmcbride wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

OLD TV website is still out there

 

http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net

 

Get your watchlist info before its lost

 

dvr recordings doesn't work for me though


THANK YOU, m.vananzi. You don't know how happy you have made me.

 

 


It looks like the link may have been removed. I am getting and error now when trying to access it. 


 


They removed the ability to login around noon


They also removed access to the main page. Someone try this link, it still gets me to the page but I can't login:

 

http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings#filters=favorites


Yes, the "old site" must have been taken down. It was okay around 9 AM. Now it is grayed out, can't log in. I tried launching the staging link and it's gone. Thanks Comcast, you rat b............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,


As I  wrote yesterday, I didn't think they  would leave it there for long. At least I got my watchlist info.

 

Time for the complaints to begin again.................

 


Now the internal pages are gone. Can no longer get to

 

http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings#filters=favorites


Just further confirmation of the utter comtept Comcast has for their customers. When the old site first went down, I called support. First they lied and acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. Then when that didn't work, they told me the old site had been "demolished". Of course that was also a lie, and the site its still there. They just refuse to let even the small number of customers who are active in the forums to access it after someone figured out how. Now we just have to wait and see if they will restore the functionality we valued in the old site to the new one - 5 hour grid, filters for My Channels and Favorite Channels, designation of "New" shows without clicking on the listing, etc. With the arrogance they have shown so far, I seriously doubt that will happen. I am locked into a two year contract for the "Triple Play" and now I am getting worse service for my money. What a ripoff!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal

IE11 is available and is now the only supported version for Windows 7. IE10 is no longer updated or supported. Unless you did a registry hack, it will constantly pop up a new tab telling you to upgrade.

Contributor

Re: Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal


swanda wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

hogislandmark wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

poodlemom923 wrote:

I get an error message this morning, too.
m45warrior1 wrote:

mcmcbride wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

OLD TV website is still out there

 

http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net

 

Get your watchlist info before its lost

 

dvr recordings doesn't work for me though


THANK YOU, m.vananzi. You don't know how happy you have made me.

 

 


It looks like the link may have been removed. I am getting and error now when trying to access it. 


 


They removed the ability to login around noon


They also removed access to the main page. Someone try this link, it still gets me to the page but I can't login:

 

http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings#filters=favorites


Yes, the "old site" must have been taken down. It was okay around 9 AM. Now it is grayed out, can't log in. I tried launching the staging link and it's gone. Thanks Comcast, you rat b............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,


As I  wrote yesterday, I didn't think they  would leave it there for long. At least I got my watchlist info.

 

Time for the complaints to begin again.................

 


Now the internal pages are gone. Can no longer get to

 

http://staging.xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings#filters=favorites


Just further confirmation of the utter comtept Comcast has for their customers. When the old site first went down, I called support. First they lied and acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. Then when that didn't work, they told me the old site had been "demolished". Of course that was also a lie, and the site its still there. They just refuse to let even the small number of customers who are active in the forums to access it after someone figured out how. Now we just have to wait and see if they will restore the functionality we valued in the old site to the new one - 5 hour grid, filters for My Channels and Favorite Channels, designation of "New" shows without clicking on the listing, etc. With the arrogance they have shown so far, I seriously doubt that will happen. I am locked into a two year contract for the "Triple Play" and now I am getting worse service for my money. What a ripoff!


I’m planning to pull service levels back or what is called a downgrade before the second year of my contract. It seems to be the only way I can save money and still not pay the fee for early breaking of my contract because according to comcast a downgrade is not a cancellation….I won’t go into all the details but I feel very abused by this whole X1 implementation process. I have been forced to do it by the raising of the price on my pervious promotional deal that was not even over with yet. My experience with the X1 system has been poor service, many disconnects, and 5 service visits where the repairs failed. The less feature enabled webpage just waste my time and furthers my need to downgrade my service usage. It’s all very depressing and makes me feel powerless and since for my location they are the only game in town interims of internet speed I will still continue to use their service but in a limited way all the while knowing my only next option is to go without.

Contributor

Re: Announcement and feedback thread : TV Go is now part of Xfinity TV Online portal

@ m.venanzi Well I’m glad you found and posted the link to the old listing page even thou it was only for a short time it was usable and fun and made things easy. Too bad comcast is so heartless they pulled the plug again.