Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Android TV and HBO: Comcast not listed as a provider

New Poster

Android TV and HBO: Comcast not listed as a provider

Can Comcast be added to the list of supported provider for HBO on Android TV?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
New Poster

Re: Android TV and HBO: Comcast not listed as a provider

You must have a better answer than that. Lets be more specific, what is it that Comcast is doing to solve the issue? Are they (android) holding up the solution. Are you guys actively reaching out to them to provide this obviously nescecery service to your paying customers? 

All Replies
Problem Solver

Hi gulk,

Thank you for reaching out to us. At this time we don't have a date as when Comcast will provide HBO on Android TV in your area. Please keep checking on www.xfinity.com for updates. 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

You must have a better answer than that. Lets be more specific, what is it that Comcast is doing to solve the issue? Are they (android) holding up the solution. Are you guys actively reaching out to them to provide this obviously nescecery service to your paying customers? 

Regular Contributor

Hello ohcomeonnow,

I assure you that we are taking all suggestions seriously and we are continuously working to increase customer satisfaction with our services. At this time we do not have any updates available regarding HBO issue. When information comes available, we will update Forums. 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Well I call BS on you taking it seriously. I can plug in a chromecast and cast a show on HBO, but I can't use an app built into the TV made by the same company.

Bottom line is you're willfully blocking these apps on these devices (thrown in tivo too) due to some misguided notion about it eating into box rentals or something. You have no balls to come out and say it, but instead you'll just shuffle, sidestep and lie. Can't wait until my contract is up so I can go back to Verizon. Making me buy plug in devices to stream while I have other devices that are perfectly capable of streaming is just pure BS and greed.