Community Forum

Agent told me that Transferring DVR Content to X1 was possible

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Agent told me that Transferring DVR Content to X1 was possible

Comcast called and convinced me to switch to the X1.

I asked multiple times if I could transfer my recorded shows from my old dvr to the new one. The agent assured me that this was possible using a computer. He promised to email me instructions.

I never received that email... and today received the new X1 box in the mail.

Looking at this forum it appears that the agent lied to me. That you can't actually transfer saved shows to the X1.

Can people please confirm this for me... that there is no way to transfer saved content?

If not, is it possible to set-up the x1 and use it... and at that same time keep my old dvr and finish watching my saved contenty (that old box wouldn't have the coaxial cable plugged in)?

Thank you all for your help!

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Agent told me that Transferring DVR Content to X1 was possible

You cannot transfer recordings. Sorry.

AAB41 wrote:

Comcast called and convinced me to switch to the X1.

I asked multiple times if I could transfer my recorded shows from my old dvr to the new one. The agent assured me that this was possible using a computer. He promised to email me instructions.

I never received that email... and today received the new X1 box in the mail.

Looking at this forum it appears that the agent lied to me. That you can't actually transfer saved shows to the X1.

Can people please confirm this for me... that there is no way to transfer saved content?

If not, is it possible to set-up the x1 and use it... and at that same time keep my old dvr and finish watching my saved contenty (that old box wouldn't have the coaxial cable plugged in)?

Thank you all for your help!

New Poster

Hmmm....

Will the old dvr still play recorded shows once I hook up the x1?

- Connected to a different tv input and disconnected from the coaxial cable.

Expert

AAB41 wrote:

Hmmm....

Will the old dvr still play recorded shows once I hook up the x1?

- Connected to a different tv input and disconnected from the coaxial cable.

the box may be inactivated when you activate the new x1 equipment. Talk to billing to ask them to keep it on your account for a while (charge for the extra box continues then of course)>

you can 'play' the recorded shows into a VCR or DVD recorder.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Unfortunately you can't transfer the DVR contents to the new DVR. The agent probably knew that and lied. I had a service tech tell  me that the folks who answer the phones get commission and they will lie to you in a heartbeat. 

Official Employee

2 year old thread closed

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!