Community Forum

Ads

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Ads

There are too many ads on Xfinity videos! How do I disable Xfinity?

Official Employee

Re: Ads

Problem_router wrote:

There are too many ads on Xfinity videos! How do I disable Xfinity?

I am sorry but there is no way to disable ads.

To have the rights to put most shows online (or on the TV for that matter) we are required by the owners of those shows to put in ads. That's just the nature of the business. If we did not show the ads, simply we would not have the shows at all. The content owners would not give it to us and you could not watch them at all. You will notice that when you watch the same shows on TV they have ads, in many cases much more ads than we play online.

Some of our premium partners like HBO, Showtime, Encore, Cinemax and Starz all have ad free business models so you can watch their shows and movies without interruption.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

Is there a way to make sure the volume doesn't double when an ad plays, or is there a way to make sure the same commercial isn't run 4 times in a row or every 5 minutes. 6 commercial breaks during a 23 minute program? Really? And I thought I read on here that there are few commercial interruptions online... What gives?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Ads - Audio Volume

I agree with erinnbarber about the repetition of the same ads and about the increase in volume of the ads. WHile I understand it is the network(s) need to sell airtime to provide programs, it is unacceptable that they increase the volume over that provided for the program. Again I understand that this is the networks, but I think Comcast as the service provider could provide its customers with a means to limit the increase in volume.

Frequent Visitor

ComcastJoe

You have not addressed the ads I was referring to in my original message. I am not talking about Xfinity TV! I am talking about the ads that run before the videos on the Xfinity homepage! Why must I be forced to watch the SAME 30 sec ad before EACH 1-3 minute video clip? If Comcast cannot convince its advertisers that its subscribers find the repetitive airing of the same ad very annoying and please give them my feedback that I will never buy their products or services. (Note: very often these are ads from local businesses.) Also inform your management that although I am forced to use their internet services, I will no longer use Xfinity as a home page, news feed, etc.

New Poster

I agree. Why should I have to watch an ad before

New Poster

Let's try this again. Smiley Happy Why do I have to watch an ad before EVERY xfinity video? I could understand an ad for each 2 or three videos. And why the same ad over & over & over & over.... I pay my bill every month. Isn't that enough money? Sad.

New Poster

For me, the solution is simple - I simply do not watch them anymore - ever.

New Poster

Comcast Joe,

How about a response to Problem_router's post (#5 of 5)? Why are we stuck watching ads before every xfinity video? I don't think that they cost so much that you need to put one before each video.

New Poster

That's a very good solution!  I think I'll join you.  It is so irritating trying to watch a handful of videos, and having to watch a commerical/ad before and after each one.  I've had enough..... changing my homepage too!