Community Forum

Adobe Flash Player Crash and No Support

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Adobe Flash Player Crash and No Support

To Comcast Support Supervisors:

A couple of days ago I attempted to watch an old movie on my desktop computer. It was the original "The Mummy" from 1932. I selected the movie through my Comcast account from your web site and began watching the movie. At exactly 13 minutes and 16 seconds into the film, the browser returned "Flash Player has crashed" error message and terminated the movie. At the time I was using the latest version of Firefox so I attempted to watch the movie with Chrome and experienced the same problem at the exact same moment in the movie.

The desktop PC is running Win7 Pro so I switched to my notebook PC that's running Win10 Pro. I experienced the same result in both Firefox and Chrome on the second computer.

I contacted Comcast support and received a cursory reply that everything is fine and I should report the problem to Adobe. I replied that the only parameters that were the same on both PCs is the version of Flash (the latest, 22.0.x) and the movie streamed from Comcast. I suggested that maybe installing an earlier version of Flash was worth a try. The Comcast tech chatted back "sure" and ended the support call. (I guess the tech hadn't seen Comcast's latest "customer service is our top priority" ads.)

Anyway that's what I did. I uninstalled Flash version 22.x and installed version 20.x from last March. The problem viewing the movie is now gone although I do receive messages from Firefox or Chrome that I'm running an outdated version of Flash.

For all the money I'm paying to Comcast each month the least your support staff could do is test the details of the problem instead of just pinging my modem. And how about YOU contacting Adobe since the problem has only been experienced attempting to watch movies from YOUR web site.

Dissatisfied Pennsylvania Customer

Regular Visitor

Re: Adobe Flash Player Crash and No Support

I have the same problem, I am using Safari on Mac OS Sierra. Why is Comcast still using flash? Others have been phasing it out for a while now.

Gold Problem Solver
Moved:

Frequent Visitor

WAHHHHHH!!!