Community Forum

Adding channels to Roku or Tablet from Xfinity, Several won’t accept though I buy them like Starz

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Adding channels to Roku or Tablet from Xfinity, Several won’t accept though I buy them like Starz

I have Starz paid for as part of my package.  I can download players for HBO and premium channels and for USA, FOX, etc.  I can watch all content on these individual apps by loading my Xfinity username&password to these apps.  Likewise, when I want to add a channel to my (Roku) box and watch a show there (example the show is over and I did not during it) then I can add the SYFY channel, a code appears on my screen, I use an iPad to go to syfy.com/activate (or close) and put in the code on the screen,  Then it asks for my cable provider, I hit xfinity and it takes me to a site (probably pass through) where I put in my Xfinity username and password.  Well, Starz and a few others  don’t offer xfinity out of almost 1000.  I asked them, they said it was Xfinity’s lack of programming. I first tried to add a few channels last Spring and about every month.  Will somebody fix this standoff, I am happy to start paying for just the channels I watch. Paying $3,99 for regular channels and $15 for premium is still cheaper than $200/ month.  Plus there are bundles out there now.  Please someone at Xfinity fix this.

Official Employee

Re: Adding channels to Roku or Tablet from Xfinity, Several won’t accept though I buy them like S...

Hello Eor-Eor, I have addressed your concern on your original thread please click on this link for more information. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!