Community Forum

Adding a Sound Bar

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Adding a Sound Bar

I am going to attempt to add a soundbar, Yamaha 1070, to my old Panasonic Plasma TH3760U using my cable box PX013AMN. My Panasonic does not have HDMI out, only digital opitical out which the sound bar can accept. I believe that if I hook up the sound bar to the TV I will not be able to control the volume through my Xfinity remote (paired with TV). The cable box has an optial digital out plug, but it's covered. Appears to be a plate held over it with a small star screw and the an orange plastic tab, but can't get the tab free. I was thinking that if I connected the sound bar to the cable box using the opitical plugs that I could control the volume from the Xfininty remote, instead of having to use the Xfinity remote for channels, DVR, etc. and the Yamaha remote for sound. Should I remove the cover plate and attempt to connect the sound bar to the cable box and hope I can control everything with just one remote?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Adding a Sound Bar

Remote setup supports a few sound bars.  Check here:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/remotes/

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!