Community Forum

Actor search lacking

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Re: Actor search lacking

So I just received this in an email today from Comcast: "FixService thinks your post is awesome and just gave you kudos!"  So what does that mean?  Is Comcast going to fix the search feature or not? Does Comcast even pay attention to this Forum?

Silver Problem Solver

drocco60 wrote:

donlcampbell wrote:

It didn't work. Example Barry Gibb (of the Bee Gees was on the Tonight show this last week. The Tonight show is On Demand and anyone can pull up the episode with Barry Gibb & wathc it. If you search for Barry Gibb, the Tonight Show episoide does not show up in the search. I tried this last suggestion and made Barry Gibb a 'Favorite" and then re performed the search. His appearance on the Tonight Show still did not show up in the seach. 

In the end Comcast, your search feature doesn't work well and this needs to be fixed for what we are paying for your service. 

I agree.  The search feature for people does not list talk shows, Saturday Night Live, late night, etc.  It did work before X1 came along.  Is there any chance this will be improved in the future?  Thanks.

No mention of that since I have been reading this forum.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Contributor

donlcampbell wrote:

It didn't work. Example Barry Gibb (of the Bee Gees was on the Tonight show this last week. The Tonight show is On Demand and anyone can pull up the episode with Barry Gibb & wathc it. If you search for Barry Gibb, the Tonight Show episoide does not show up in the search. I tried this last suggestion and made Barry Gibb a 'Favorite" and then re performed the search. His appearance on the Tonight Show still did not show up in the seach. 

In the end Comcast, your search feature doesn't work well and this needs to be fixed for what we are paying for your service. 

I agree.  The search feature for people does not list talk shows, Saturday Night Live, late night, etc.  It did work before X1 came along.  Is there any chance this will be improved in the future?  Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

Frequent Visitor

I will try that and report back

Expert

m45warrior1 wrote:

donlcampbell wrote:

I used to be able to search by Actor name and see all upcoming shows that actor was in, in upcoming programming with dates & times, including On Demand and Online only. Did this search feature disappear or do I just not know where to look?  If I know a particular show the actor is in, I can find the show and watch it. But in searching by the actor (unless it is the major stars of the show) the search doesn't find the show(s) the actor is in. Using the old system, if an actor or musical group, etc. were on a talk show or late night, it would show up in your search results for that actor, etc.  That no longer seems to be the case.  I find this new search function very lacking.  Unless there's something I'm missing 

Yeah, its sad... Comcast is the only company that I am aware of the willingly downgrades its services and calls them making the system "seemless for users"... 

have you tried doing a search (I just used voice search for Catherine Bell) and marking as a favorite? that way you get anything with her listed in the cast.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Valued Contributor

donlcampbell wrote:

I used to be able to search by Actor name and see all upcoming shows that actor was in, in upcoming programming with dates & times, including On Demand and Online only. Did this search feature disappear or do I just not know where to look?  If I know a particular show the actor is in, I can find the show and watch it. But in searching by the actor (unless it is the major stars of the show) the search doesn't find the show(s) the actor is in. Using the old system, if an actor or musical group, etc. were on a talk show or late night, it would show up in your search results for that actor, etc.  That no longer seems to be the case.  I find this new search function very lacking.  Unless there's something I'm missing 

Yeah, its sad... Comcast is the only company that I am aware of the willingly downgrades its services and calls them making the system "seemless for users"... 

Frequent Visitor

Actor search lacking