Community Forum

AX013ANM power save mode

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

AX013ANM power save mode

AX013ANM power save mode causes my box to go to 480i and loose favorites when I try to turn it on.  Set on 4 hours.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: AX013ANM power save mode

Simple fix. Leave the power save off. Let the X1 box remain on.

X1 boxes don't draw much power to begin with and the difference in power draw between on and power save is only about 10%.


67ccacct wrote:

AX013ANM power save mode causes my box to go to 480i and loose favorites when I try to turn it on.  Set on 4 hours.


 

Contributor

Re: AX013ANM power save mode

I did just that.  Comcast should know they have a problem or I need a better box

Gold Problem Solver

Re: AX013ANM power save mode

There is no better box and the issue has been discussed in this forum for some time.

 


67ccacct wrote:

I did just that.  Comcast should know they have a problem or I need a better box


 

Contributor

Re: AX013ANM power save mode

I have an X1 box and even though I have my power save feature turned off, my box does it anyway.  It presents a problem in our houseshold because my elderly (mid-stage alzheimer's) mother-in-law gets up all hours of the night and wants to watch TV. She can manage to remember the power button, but can't figure out how to make the no signal screen go away. WHY has Xfinity forced this on us and why pretend I can opt out of this feature when I can't?

Expert

Re: AX013ANM power save mode


hoffmancr wrote:

I have an X1 box and even though I have my power save feature turned off, my box does it anyway.  It presents a problem in our houseshold because my elderly (mid-stage alzheimer's) mother-in-law gets up all hours of the night and wants to watch TV. She can manage to remember the power button, but can't figure out how to make the no signal screen go away. WHY has Xfinity forced this on us and why pretend I can opt out of this feature when I can't?


since the feature if turned off will not turn itself on, it is likely that you MiL is pressing the powerlight on the device. You might try hiding the box (with the remote set to RF link, line of sight is not needed. (this will block the ability to physically pressing the power-ring button on the box. alternatively you can turn off the LED light ring using the devices settings menu so that the ring doesn't attract a 'press'. Bless you for taking care of your MiL, mine lived with us over 9 years (and may return yet again). 


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Contributor

Re: AX013ANM power save mode

I wish that was the explanation, but I have also experienced the same problem. The feature is definitely off and I never turn off the box, but when I turn on the television in the morning I get the message in the upper right of the screen saying it is waking up from sleep and I have no picture until I start changing the channels.

Expert

Re: AX013ANM power save mode


hoffmancr wrote:

I wish that was the explanation, but I have also experienced the same problem. The feature is definitely off and I never turn off the box, but when I turn on the television in the morning I get the message in the upper right of the screen saying it is waking up from sleep and I have no picture until I start changing the channels.


change the HDMI port you are using to connect the X1 set top box. The TV is telling the set top box to 'off' (converted to sleep mode). 


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.